Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed Work...Guaranteed Payment

Quote Originally Posted by lovepython View Post
    have u guys found any local companies on there? how am understanding it, this would more suite ppl like programmers if ur overseas
    Not just programmers. Any service you're able to provide that can be done remotedly/online and that a buyer may want is legit: programmers, writers, and lot's more. I even saw an area there about networking .
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

really i'm into hardware stuff from repairs to networking but are only so many things u can do remotely
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

LuvPython, yute go check out the site again. I'm a creative writer in my spare time & I see they even have job postings for that. SO there is a wealth of options there, mostly geared towards computer use of course. I've always wanted to find opportunities like these & I'm happy I have. I've completed setting up my profile & am now in the process of applying for some jobs. The oDesk ready certification is the easiest to get, you don't even need to read the EULA Majority of the answeres are "ALL OF THE ABOVE"
    BB PIN: 23100406
    do not under any circumstance deviate from the path of righteousness. Our the consequences could be GREAT!!!!!!

Found this thread in a quick search, so we can see where this marketplace has really evolved into what it is now. Yeah I did create my profile and stuff, but then I made it go dormant (didn't take any tests or apply for anything). To my surprise I get an email last week from a buyer (based in United Arab Emirates) inviting me to an interview. Thing is, it was a 5 day test phase project and they required 13 different tests to be done in that time to be considered for the real project. I had to decline the opportunity (programming), even though they were paying a small fee just for successful completion of the testing phase, as I know there was no way I could manage to study for all those tests in time.

I've been using the requirements as a guide though, and so far I've taken 3 English tests and the programming in C test and passed them all (aced the US English Basics which is usually required by buyers ). Now studying for the C++ test .

Monday I got another notification with another invite (same company) which I accepted since there seemed to be a much smaller amount of tests and was accepted to undergo the test phase, only to find some tests in the assignments I've never really thought of (SQL, data structures, customer service) . Now I've got this phase to complete in 3 days, and I'm swatting SQL like crazy (putting C++ aside which is also required). But I'm a realist and I know I won't be hired (just gonna see if I can at least cut the mark to receive the promised incentive fee). Thing is, many of the positions offered are for pros with years of experience.

What I think I'm trying to say is, I wasted quite a bit of time when I could've studied for and taken test like crazy, but I kinda idled it out. I could probably have made it into a position by now, cuz the system works. What I think I'm going to do now is take some of the writing tests, change my profile's job interests a bit, and apply for some writing jobs (if I'm not invited first). Meanwhile, I'll work my way through expanding my programming experience so my chances increase (currently working on a personal C project).

Just to conclude again that the system works, but you just have to work with it so it'll work for you. I'm pulling all stops, esp now I've found a stress-free way to get my payment to me . Anyone wanting a good opportunity should too...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Skele, are you working for this company at this time? is it profitable?
    !!!!!!!!!!WHOMESSEDWITHTHESPACEBARONMYKEYBOARD!!!!

Thanks for the update Drew - i'm sure many other's will try and succeed.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

shane200_ Guest

I use odesk and it is great, if I was still in Jamaica I don't think I would get the projects I got, the site is great and if you need some side money this is the way to go.... right now I am looking for more side projects.

what kind of stuff do you have to do?

I like data entry jobs

I just joined, but haven't got the opportunity to do the test yet(LIME GPRS).
    I registered as software dev for both desktop/mobile. Hoping to reel in some fishes...
    Pc= Hp dv6t