Thread: Nokia E71 freezing up

Default Nokia E71 freezing up

i sold someone a brand new nokia E71 seal in original box now they complain that when they go into the Menu screen it freezed up

what would cause that and what can i do to fix it

how do i find what firmware version it's and where do i go to get a new firmware to flash it

install the nokia pc suite. then do a 'Update Phone Software'. it's gonna download some newer version, let it. When the phone updater runs, just have it reinstall the present version.
    WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.

The person can find it on the Nokia website but that sounds fishy its either faulty or he/she found some way to sheg it up, your smart phone usually only starts lagging when you have a very large memory stick and its full or when you have a lot of apps running or a combination of the two.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

have you seen the phone? try getting it back to see if anything happened to it. people out there now a days a try use dem head alot
    Able to flash any psp. Give me a link 3776646
    PSPs hacked: Slim: 134 Phat: 200 3000/Brite: 35(ChickHEN R2/GEN-A)

a format should do, type *#7370# in the standby screen then enter ur security code and it will shut down. takes about 2 minutes to format it will wipe the phone memory though. I think he did something to mess it up
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

yes i got the phone
    i'm thinking in term of computer if i format everything will be lost i dont know if a security code is on it

Backup ur contacts to the computer, then decide ur next move.
    WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.

yes it will erase everything and reload the os from scratch, just like the way u bought it
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

I know that menu freezing problem. It happened with both my E51 and E71. Happened more with the E51 though. Normally a restart temporarily fixes it. You have to upgrade to a newer firmware to truly fix it. It's a known bug with Symbian. Newer firmwares have seemed to get rid of the bug once and for all.