Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Cheats?

Default Re:Game Cheats?

Uhh.... who creates these walkthroughs?

I know that most games come with a walkthrough for the first level, but this is given as more of a teaching aid.
    The first level of a game nomally equips the player's mind as to the capabilties of the game. Most FPS games have a learning mode/level.

Sure, getting a walkthrough for the entire game will definately help to show you stuff, you'd probably miss along the way. But isn't a game like abook, you read the book a second time and you get a different experience.
    Same with a game. You and I know that playing FF7 ten different times, you will not do the same things twice.

Some games are like you said, ridiculously hard. An example of that would be Return to Castle Wolfenstein played on it's hardest level. My question is,....what were the developers thinking?

Yow RopY dogg

NEED help man......................
    Red Alert son......not getting it
    at all....

Any advice?????????

There is a reg file on it and also a file called inject. Just run them and then the game exe and u kriss.

Same with a game. You and I know that playing FF7 ten different times, you will not do the same things twice.
    - You're absolutely right Matro. I actually made mention of this in a post re Better Gaming System??. I was trying to get Skillachi to realise that the Final Fantasy games cannot be finished in one sitting. The game is at least 3 times bigger than the main storyline. That's one of the major reasons the Final Fantasy games are the ULTIMATE RPG and perhaps, as far as gaming goes - the ULTIMATE game. I can't think of another game franchise that has games THAT HUGE in terms of what can be done in it. It's mathematically improbable to have the same experience twice in any of those games. It's almost like a life simulator, in its sheer size. It's no small wonder Cheats aren't made for that game. You have to Gameshark it I think. But who'd want to do that? That takes away from the whole point of playing the game in the first place (back to GodKid's first point).

Some games are like you said, ridiculously hard. An example of that would be Return to Castle Wolfenstein played on it's hardest level. My question is,....what were the developers thinking?
    - I dunno about you guys, but I know some folks in New Kingston who've finished some of the most difficult games in record time. Including Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I think they get paid to test games (WHAT A JOB!!! ) Usually, these are the guys that get BETA versions of games before the official release comes out. They have preliminary access to private FTP servers overseas that allow them to download the full BETA version of a game.

They have to record play statistics such as:

1) Ease of Play
    2) Time to completion
    3) Immersion level
    4) Bugs (if any)
    5) Hardware limitations
    6) Software limiations

....and other stuff like that. But the truth is Matro, that these guys are who the game's developers depend on to determine if a game is too easy or too hard. They also make suggestions as to how to improve the gaming experience. They are collectively known as playtesters (you often see their code names in the credits of a game you finished). The problem is, their suggestions often dwarf the capabilities of the average gamer like you and me. But guys like Ropy would fit well into their ranks. 8)

These guys are PROFESSIONAL gamers. You don't want to be in an UT2k3 deathmatch with these fellas. These guys have been known to bounce rockets around corners, or use rocket lauchers as pogo sticks. I'm not kidding. These guys finish games so fast, it seems humanly impossible.

Have you ever seen someone use ONLY the Railgun in Quake 3 Arena? I saw one of these guys DOMINATE a deathmatch with ONLY a rail gun. All frags were headshots. He was fragged a grand total of 3 times, in a bloody deathmatch with a 200 frag limit, with 16 persons. That's an insane kinda skill....

These are the people they make these ridiculously difficult games for.

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=11;threadid=883;start=15#msg7958 date=1055272674]

Have you ever seen someone use ONLY the Railgun in Quake 3 Arena? I saw one of these guys DOMINATE a deathmatch with ONLY a rail gun. All frags were headshots. He was fragged a grand total of 3 times, in a bloody deathmatch with a 200 frag limit, with 16 persons. That's an insane kinda skill....

These are the people they make these ridiculously difficult games for.
    [/quote]

You talkin about Thresh, that guy has some sick skills in Quake 2 and 3

[quote author=devnull link=board=11;threadid=883;start=15#msg7960 date=1055273101]
    You talkin about Thresh, that guy has some sick skills in Quake 2 and 3
    [/quote]

We need to get those guys to demo for us at our next lan party. Who can do this???
    I have always wanted to take on these "expert" gamers.

To be perfectly honest with you devnull, I was too blown away by his skill to notice his handle. But the name Thresh definitely rings a bell! (a fearsome one at that)

Another is an asian girl with the handle Queenie. When Queenie get's onto a server, (it doesn't matter what game is being played, Counterstrike, Quake, Unreal, Jedi Knight II) people start to run. Everybody. Even if she only has the handgun and you have a rocket launcher. Queenie is like an agent. You don't engage. You RUN!

I've seen People empty entire clips/canisters/cells at these guys and hit nothing but AIR! Can you spell S-T-R-A-F-F-E? GUYS are afraid of these people when they get onto a server. The other players in the deathmatch often make concerted efforts to frag them first and then get on with the match. They're THAT good.

Thresh is a Quake God.

http://www.links.net/vita/gx/dennis/

DevNull, THAT LOOKS LIKE THE DUDE!! He was at a private LAN match last year. Apparently the host knows him or something. What I didn't know was that he was famous overseas too! I didn't even know was that he was from abroad! I just thought it was an upperclass thing (the accent I mean). What I don't understand is this:

Why are asians so good at FPS??!? Queenie is Asian too! (there were lots of chinese people at that LAN match) What do they have going for them? Is it a kung fu thing in their blood? What?! ???

They have good hand eye co-ordination.

Badminton
    Martial Arts
    They use Chopsticks

My first gurlfriend was chinese and she could use the mouse really well. hmmmm....u got a point there Xeno.

Gotta give them credit.