Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Cheats?

Default Re:Game Cheats?

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=11;threadid=883;start=0#msg7783 date=1055182739]
    Walkthroughs?

How low can you go?
    [/quote]

cheats...thats for deadbeats ;D

hhhmmm

let me think

walkthrough.....tell you everything

Cheats just gives advantage....you still have to figure stuff out.

so who is the dead beat

Posted by: devnull Posted on: Today at 12:16:31pm
    Cheats....No
    Walkthroughs.....Yes [but only after I have tried everything I know]

cheats = empowerment throughout the WHOLE game
    walkthrough = advice on how to get past a SPECIFIC obstacle

CHEATS are used by people who cannot beat an opponent the FAIR way.

WALKTHROUGHS are used by people who cannot figure out the puzzle a game offers. They either do not have the time to figure stuff out or.... are incapable of doing so.

Personally, I only use walkthroughs when I'm frustrated with a particular part of a game. Tell u what, play NOF 2 and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

I like the games with the special endings.............e.g Street Fighter series for snes Killer Instincts.........

If you finish those games without losing to an opponent once you get a special ending thats when you know you have conquered the computer and you move on to a real live opponent who can adjust to your formulas.........Then there is no way of coding your way out........

Kombat gamer talking here..........

[quote author=Ropy link=board=11;threadid=883;start=15#msg7824 date=1055204458]
    Personally, I only use walkthroughs when I'm frustrated with a particular part of a game. Tell u what, play NOF 2 and you?ll see what I?m talking about.
    [/quote]

I got that game and play it, it aint too bad. What you should try playing is Half Life Blue Shift. Damn, that game make u use your cranium overtime.

What about maxpayne......... did you use a walkthrough for that?

Number 1 Cheat site on the Net: http://www.cheatcc.com/
    Cheat Code Central.

Cheats are lame though, and I must agree with GodKid that they are best for games that you've finished. If the game is pretty difficult to beat, get a walkthrough. At least you'll have a better clue as to how to beat the game.

Walkthroughs are a necessary component for games with a massively labyrinthian construct (or games that are ridiculously difficult) which would do more for hackling your brain than providing entertainment.

When a game gets too difficult to the point where it is no longer entertaining, a walkthrough might help. At least then you would have beaten the game fair and square.

Games that require walkthroughs to truly enjoy are games like:

- Fighting Games: Some of the more complex moves would never have been figured out unless you use a walkthrough. Eg. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and all previous Mortal Kombat games. For example, has anyone here ever figured out how to perform a character's fatality via simple button mashing? I think not....

- Epic RPGs: When an RPG is built on as massive a scale as the Final Fantasy series, you can never finish the game by simply beating the last boss. Usually games of this nature have a plethora of hidden secrets that the player will never have the common sense to find unless they read a walkthrough. Finishing the game via the last boss only entitles you to ¼ of the entire game. The massive worlds occupy the other ¾ of the game and can only be explored with the in depth guidance of a walkthrough. That's what gives games of this nature such a very high replay value.

- Third/First Person Shooters: Some games such as Tomb Raider and Jedi Knight II have many complex puzzles that are difficult to solve. However, I don't know anyone who was able to finish Jedi Knight II without using at least a walkthrough. That game is wickedly complicated and unecessarily difficult. Oftentimes, it requires you to do really dumb nonsense things to proceed - usually things the player would never have thought of. Such a game becomes very frustrating very quickly. A walkthrough is a must for enjoying that game.

Another game that was ridiculously frustrating was Shadow Warrior (a really old game that used the Duke Nukem 3D Build Engine). Personally, I think the developers of that game were mentally insane. For almost every stage, you got stuck in the "find the key" syndrome, where you spend the first half hour of the game killing all of the baddies, and the next 8 hours trying to find a key to open a door. The key is usually hidden in some nonsense areas the player wouldn't think to look, such as inside a tree trunk, the underside of a fireplace, under a carpet, hung from a string in the thicket of a tree or under a rock underwater in a sewer somewhere. It was insane, and after getting fed up with the find the key syndrome for the umpteenth time, most people lost interest in the game. Unless you're a hard core gamer, a walkthrough would be most helpful for this game.

- Adventure Games: I remember an older game called Curse of Monkey Island in which you have to interact with your environment to proceed in the game. Since the game has so many objects to fool around with in the enviroment, it will take a lot of trial and error to get anywhere. Sometimes, that trial and error takes away a lot of the fun from the game, causing the player to develop an aversion to it. A walkthrough is a must in this case.

The only game that I'd cheat in are God games like The Sims, SimCity 4 and RollerCoaster Tycoon. I tend to have more fun going nuts building a monster House (The Sims) a monster City (SimCity 4) or a monster Theme Park (RollerCoaster Tycoon) without having to think of my money problems. And even then, I still don't use the in game cheats. I use Trainers.

Trainers can give you insane sums of cash to simply go nuts and build every famous landmark structure in your city, or buy the most expensive furniture for your house or turn it into a Shrine for some God, or even make Six Flags of Florida look like a playground at kindergarten. I love going nuts in God games. Cheats aren't powerful enough to give me that kinda power. I just train 'em, and go nuts. It's more fun to go nuts than to manage money. Where's the fun in that?

I just use the trial & error method along side the quick save & reload buttons. ;D I've so far only used cheats in GTA: 3 and walkthroughs in NOLF 2. For the walk through I've only used is on three separate occasions and not the for any one/full mission.