Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console

Don;t think its like that still. Ppl not quite angry but they see MS trying something with them. Plus this is more like you pirate a game and the developer blows up your PC for it. If you buy hardware and something wrong with it you must get pissed, its not like they pirate a game and its not working

I can't agree with messing around too much with consumer hardware because they pirate. It also looks like the reason ms is doing it is beyond stopping piracy. They could easily make a better 360 dvd drive or fix RROD if they wanted to.. but they arent
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Well this is serious still, all who modded the X360 "uhhnu salt" cause even if you buy the legal game you still will get banned, why you X360 modded. Can these consoles be unmodded? Whay MS is trying to do is protect there sales.
    AMD/ATI TO THE WORLD: Phenom II 720 , 4 gig DDR3 1066, MSI 5770 1gig, Western Digital 250 & 160 HD.

Quote Originally Posted by RadForce68 View Post
    Well this is serious still, all who modded the X360 "uhhnu salt" cause even if you buy the legal game you still will get banned, why you X360 modded. Can these consoles be unmodded? Whay MS is trying to do is protect there sales.
    Thats not what they are trying to do. THey are trying to increase their sales.
    All rights reserved.

How that wouldn't increase there sales, if they continues the ban, people with start buying more PS3.
    AMD/ATI TO THE WORLD: Phenom II 720 , 4 gig DDR3 1066, MSI 5770 1gig, Western Digital 250 & 160 HD.

Ask seanbee why he is going to buy another xbox360 after his got banned then. Ppl will buy another 360 more often than switch to ps3. Ps3 = no free games
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by RadForce68 View Post
    no org. games well not get u ban they only can tell only if a backup is being played
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

Microsoft is only trying to increase sales as most of you are saying, most persons bought the XB360 bcuz it cud be modded, now all that privilege is gone so sooner or later the smart ones will just work with PS3 and jus use their banned system as a "test box" if they wanna try out a game (offline of course) before they buy it.

PS3 seems to be the way to go, it has some great titles on the market already, no need to go back to XB360, some ppl may go tho eventually because of Project Natal, so that may be something to look into, but the PS3 is coming out with its Motion Controller as well, so it will be interesting. PS3 is future proof tho, no worries there. I will encourage those who dont have one to save n get one and jump into MW2 and play some spec ops with me.

any little thing you do will get you banned... it a pattern. Look at what they are doing:

1. constantly banning people for playing pre-release version of games, etc..
    2. blocking all 3rd party hardware
    3. banning modded xbox 360s

Pretty much everyone is correct, to increase profits. Silver membership on xbox live is the only thing that is free. They way I figure, I pay for my system and I pay for my gold membership, if I want to mod my system so what?

Not just because you have a modded system means you are playing pirated games or engaging in some form of dishonest behavior. How soon before they start restricting content?

the box fans dont care, as XBL draws them back

i just set out my gaming budget and call it a day.....big up sony
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Quote Originally Posted by Krems View Post
    the box fans dont care, as XBL draws them back

i just set out my gaming budget and call it a day.....big up sony
    In all honesty, XBL is pretty cool, but hey ur paying for it right so they have to give u ur moneys worth, especially with all the early demos exclusives etc, but to be honest, you can live w/out it.