Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console

Default Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console

Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console
    >> From pinoycosplay.blogspot.com:
    A conversation with a friend who works for a call center that handles an Xbox 360 account has yielded a disturbing truth: Microsoft has started its annual Xbox Live banning spree and it has disabled 600,000 accounts so far in the US and Canada.

The target of the banning spree are mainly people who have modified their consoles to play pirated games. My trusty source says that they have been given instructions to push for a million banned accounts by the time the holidays are over.
    Note: This is just a rumour and there's no real way to check or confirm this kinda information. But it points out an interesting discussion, how many consoles do you think MS banned? The site claims 600k are banned already just in US and CA. If we know MS sold about 19M consoles in that region to-date it would mean they already banned about 3.16% of their user-base ...

News-Source: pinoycosplay.blogspot.com
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

Well done M$

Teach those pesky pirates a lesson.

lol

That kind of hassle and headache over games makes no sense to me. Better to have gone with a console devoid of those issues.

so nuh dat mi a say BCK.

see my PS3, it purely stress free

but good job M$ for a change, seems like u start a little crisis here

Amm... conspiracy anyone? I don't like how MS handling the pirates though. They are using them pretty much. Ban 1 mill before holidays and sell 2 mill during the holidays (or something like that). They are trying to inflate sales by some retarded crap I am not sure they should be able to even do. Microsoft doesn't play fair I guess and they usually get away with it for a while

They are making a new hacked firmware that shouldnt be detectable but its all gonna be to M$ benefit. More 360s sold and more live accounts Paid for while the ps3 is there in its "stress free" environment with normal sales (that will plateau)

You and BCK have the funds, chig. BCK runs some mega corporation and you sourcing giftcards like is oxygen.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Seems its time for someone to come up with an underground version of xbox live. I dont think M$ should be going around banning pirates just like that. They should just deny them future membership with XBOX Live. After all, you paying for the damn thing. Who are they to police the world?
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

thats why i am saying they aren't playing fair. They are reaching past just the online TOS and affecting functionality of your console to make you want to buy a new one. On top of that their console has teh RROD feature built in to further increase their sales.

booyyy its all starting to make sense now

Xbox is truly "Gotcha gaming"
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

fo real since ps3 got slim and 250 gb hdd their sales shoot pass xbox for the first in 4 year and i guess they don't likw that...so they all pullout all the stop like releasing and 250gb xbox and being cocky and stating how many console to get banned...why 1 mil and no just some random number like they have been doing for years.

ps3 sales will go up more from this cause alot of ppl are not goin to buy back a next 360 they will buy ps3 cause i have been reading up on this ppl are saying they cant deal wit this anymore ppl wit unmodded system gettin ban xbox fans are switching to ps3 last year was the samething ps3 beathin down 360 neck so lil messup n they gone sony gave them 1 year start n they be all they can be sony wants back its spotlight
    Last edited by **ScarFace**; Nov 11, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

WAIT, how unnu talk like seh is not the people dem ILLEGALLY downloading games they DIDNT pay for and playing it on a xbox360 that was HACKED? Is like people use cracks for games, then cuss the game seh it a crash too much.....bwaaay unnu serious....
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

That mi seh 2. Them can still play offline. If they want the live experience they should get legit