Thread: "Computer" gaming expo or contest

Default "Computer" gaming expo or contest

Spoke to my boss about a sponsoring a "computer" not consoles gaming expo or competition need some feedback from you guys. Would this venture be worthwhile getting sponsors?
    AMD/ATI TO THE WORLD: Phenom II 720 , 4 gig DDR3 1066, MSI 5770 1gig, Western Digital 250 & 160 HD.

Sponsors may not be hard to find - but which games do you plan to play?

I'd suggest:

Counter-Strike: Source
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Left4Dead (1 or 2)

Need For Speed (Shift / Grid - not sure, I'm not a driver)
    Coline McRae Rally

Command and Conquer

Or whichever else. Sponsors may just want their things present for you to buy whatever. Gaming hardware maybe........some computer stores for software/hardware - maybe some food places for refreshment - some tech places like 3M/IBM/Fujitsu/MCS/etc...

Other places like sLIME/Digicel/Claro for gaming by phone and whatnot........just some ideas throwing out.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Pc gaming need help, especially in Jamaica. I've been looking into purchasing a few Pc games locally and i've gotta tell you, its a total joke. you can't get crap and when you find something u'd buy, they're way too expensive.

I'd attend/support any event that promote Pc gaming, free or otherwise

EDIT: try Watts New, One Stop Computers, Innovative Systems or any Pc store. They sell hardware so dem should at least support one of the uses for those hardware.

And put CoD4 in the lineup
    Last edited by grim386; Nov 9, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

I buy my games online. Content delivery through STEAM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by grim386 View Post
    Pc gaming need help, especially in Jamaica. I've been looking into purchasing a few Pc games locally and i've gotta tell you, its a total joke. you can't get crap and when you find something u'd buy, they're way too expensive.

I'd attend/support any event that promote Pc gaming, free or otherwise
    This is because Jamaicans don't buy a lot of PC games. Yet they have a lot. I know they download a lot of demo's.

With this in mind, the concept of demand and supply of scarce resource will kick in.

I'll support any gaming move. Link me, Khat will have to keep me up to date as you all know how I get busy and caught up.

Nas.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.