View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Configure a group policy.

6 100.00%
  • b) Implement file system security.

0 0%
  • c) Implement auditing and logging.

0 0%
  • d) Install a spyware scanner.

0 0%

Thread: CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #42

Default CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #42

You are the computer technician for your company. Recently you have been having problems with employees installing unauthorized applications on their workstations. Some of these applications contain spyware. You want to prevent employees from being able to install applications on their workstations. What should you do? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) Configure a group policy.
    b) Implement file system security.
    c) Implement auditing and logging.
    d) Install a spyware scanner.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Poll seems to be closed by ans is A.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

(A) is right on the money

b) Implement file system security. is seperate and apart from what the user can install.

c) Implement auditing and logging. the is obvious gonna tell u when the user did what he did, in a log file

d) Install a spyware scanner. essentially this will not stop the user form installing, after installing the spyware scanner will obviously detect it (providing its good)

so the trick here is to put user in groups which restrict same from doing certain or carrying out such functions.( IE) certain policies can even stop a user from even running or getting to C: prompt, and many other task.
    A CHAIN IS AS STRONG AS ITS WEAKEST LINK...

Sorry for the delay in posting the answer.

Group policy allows you to restrict specific actions that a user or computer can do on a computer or over the network. Using group policy, you can prevent users from installing any new applications on their computers. This will force those users to obtain permission from an Administrator to have any software installed.

Correct Option(s):

a) Configure a group policy.

Incorrect Option(s):

b) Implement file system security. - Using file system security to prevent a user from installing applications would also prevent them from writing data to specific locations. This could hinder their ability to perform their regular duties.
    c) Implement auditing and logging. - Auditing and logging could tell you who is installing applications and when, but it will not prevent them from doing so.
    d) Install a spyware scanner. - A spyware scanner can locate and remove spyware, but it cannot prevent a user from installing applications.

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

yo wen u running some more of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    yo wen u running some more of these?
    Bump-- was jus wonderin what happened to the questions,maybe too busy@ramesh
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Unfortunately, I've finished the COMPTIA A+ courses so I don't have any more quizzes on it. Perhaps when I start my next course I'll have some more but on that subject.

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    Unfortunately, I've finished the COMPTIA A+ courses so I don't have any more quizzes on it. Perhaps when I start my next course I'll have some more but on that subject.
    COMPTIA A+ courses aren't age restricted are they? Up in America they are, impossible for me to get it, and I know it !

Quote Originally Posted by Nylon View Post
    COMPTIA A+ courses aren't age restricted are they? Up in America they are, impossible for me to get it, and I know it !
    Really, since when? Have you tried other institutions?
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.