Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel's attempt to follow Claro's international plan

Default Digicel's attempt to follow Claro's international plan

Just when I thought that competition is now forcing Digicel's hand they try and pull a fast one.

Previously if you had a Digicel International calling plan, you could only top up once for the month and the minutes did not roll over.

Claro's International plan was way better because you could top up as many times for the month and the minutes would roll over if you didnt use it up.

Digicel has ads out now saying you can now roll over the minutes and you can top up as many times as you want. There is an ad in the today's Sunday Gleaner in big and bold :
    $1 International Calls....then the fine print says:

Calls made over 1000 minutes and 1250 minutes are billed at $8 per minute during the subscrption period. To get roll over minutes Prepaid customers must re-subscribe before the end of the 30 days period.

Now aside from the misleading advert, I think the Claro one is still better as the roll over minutes are applied regardless if the 30 day period is up and The rates dont move from $1 per minute to $8 per minute as with Digicel. It remains at $1 per minute for all the calls regardless of how many times you activate the plan.

Nice try Digicel but we are not all fools

Quote Originally Posted by Samwells View Post
    Just when I thought that competition is now forcing Digicel's hand they try and pull a fast one.

Previously if you had a Digicel International calling plan, you could only top up once for the month and the minutes did not roll over.

Claro's International plan was way better because you could top up as many times for the month and the minutes would roll over if you didnt use it up.

Digicel has ads out now saying you can now roll over the minutes and you can top up as many times as you want. There is an ad in the today's Sunday Gleaner in big and bold :
    $1 International Calls....then the fine print says:

Calls made over 1000 minutes and 1250 minutes are billed at $8 per minute during the subscrption period. To get roll over minutes Prepaid customers must re-subscribe before the end of the 30 days period.

Now aside from the misleading advert, I think the Claro one is still better as the roll over minutes are applied regardless if the 30 day period is up and The rates dont move from $1 per minute to $8 per minute as with Digicel. It remains at $1 per minute for all the calls regardless of how many times you activate the plan.

Nice try Digicel but we are not all fools
    Can bet it's going2 catch alot of people though.
    When companies fight, consumers benefit, i am truely loving the spoils of this war.

Good move digi i tried claro and i regret it, the calls nuh stop drop and the other party could harldy hear at times, i remember one night i redialed over ten times the other party had to ask if a free call, had to back it up with lime overseas mini plan

yep it was inevitable. digice realize that their customers are finally realizing that claro plans are better and so they are trying to change their thiefing was. digicel needs to stop tricking people. finally claro is setting the trend

Wolfman I have both phones and I personally get better coverage on my Claro and I live in Kingston, the fact is Digicel has had 8 years to implement its network and its still paychy, Claro has been here for just over a year so their network will only improve as they continue to roll out cell sites.

In any case the point I am trying to make is that Digicel's International Pln is a joke and its misleading. But as I said most Jamaicans dont read the fine print so they cool.

true true. by the way expect digicel to make plenty more changes. they are realizing that they cant trick us anymore with flashy ads and waving millions of dollars in front of our faces with their competitions, gameshows etc

Quote Originally Posted by zantetsuken1983 View Post
    true true. by the way expect digicel to make plenty more changes. they are realizing that they cant trick us anymore with flashy ads and waving millions of dollars in front of our faces with their competitions, gameshows etc
    lol gone are those days in which we never had choices either. Wolfman wat you mean that Claro failed you...it must be cuz of the location that you were at (low signal) cuz there int'l calling plan was flawless with me..only problem was hen switching between parishes
    "Being Trapped In The Cage Of The Human Mind Is The Worst Sin We Can Commit To Ourselves"
    Twitter | Blog (Work in progress)

What some people need to understand and remember is that Digicel's coverage was not exceptional when they started...its been 8 years and it still is not exceptional

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    Good move digi i tried claro and i regret it, the calls nuh stop drop and the other party could harldy hear at times, i remember one night i redialed over ten times the other party had to ask if a free call, had to back it up with lime overseas mini plan
    This is why I fear Failro...

Quote Originally Posted by Richardgm View Post
    This is why I fear Failro...
    So Digicel didn have dropped calls when it just came to Jamaica??

As a matter of fact they still do.