Thread: Is C++ to blame?

Default Is C++ to blame?

I have recently installed Mircosoft Visual C++ in my edeavor to catch up on the programming world. This I did on a Windows Xp operating system.

Since then I have noticed serveral memory allocation errors popping up now and then and it does not occur when the complier is up.

The OS doesn't crash, but sometimes I may loose my IE browser if I am using it.

Is the C++ to be blamed???

Default Re:Is C++ to blame?

Are these errors the type that ask you if you want to "debug" or "end program"?
    If so then it's a C++ thing. The program install additional tools that help you fix problems with the programs your running on the machine(such as memory falures and so forth).

This applies to almost all running programs (not just the ones you are making). It isn't a problem though - you'll get used to it. You just get more information than a regular user would get.

I know this is kinda late.. but that notion is absolutely ridiculous.. C++ can NEVER be the cause of such problems..C++ is a Language!!!

The problem lies with the integration of Microsoft's Visual Studio Suite -- the compiler-- with the operating system and its use as a runtime debugger.

Because of this, simple memory writing/reading errors which can be/ and usualy is overlooked becomes an important issue for the debugger. <<"Making a Mountain out of a Mold">>

DON'T BLAME C++ !!! :'(

BLAME MICROSOFT AND THIER V/STUDIO SUITE !! >

nobody is to be blamed. a mountain is not being madeout of a mold hill. because you have the runtime debugger installed you are now trapping other programmers silly errors.

Guys I am hungry to start programming skillfully and professionally its not funny. I know when I start I will sure have to dedicate a single PC just for that. I installed Visual studio .Net once an trust mi it neva pretty. So my little advice is to just invest a little more and go for dedicated machine.

peace.

Why not invest in Linux and run your C++ programs there?Ive had no problems compiling C/C++ programs on my Linux machine.