Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new 360 ban wave..for those who play games before release

Whitelisted how?

It seems a bit dumb to ban ppl who have ever played a legit game on their console. But who knows what their logic is.

Someone needs to find out how they detect the hacked firmwares now though.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

do they ban IP's? If not then the logic is simple, a new xbox and a new xbl subscription

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Whitelisted how?
    Yah I want to know too how he got that privilege too consider he was playing forza 3 before it was release to the general public
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    do they ban IP's? If not then the logic is simple, a new xbox and a new xbl subscription

lol hear di money man talk....easy millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Whitelisted how?

It seems a bit dumb to ban ppl who have ever played a legit game on their console. But who knows what their logic is.

Someone needs to find out how they detect the hacked firmwares now though.
    The Forza 3 banning was like this. Turn 10 had a list of all those persons who were sent early copies of the games, those who were playing the game early and who were upfront with it (playing multiplayer races even while the servers were being tweaked since game was not released, setting leaderboard times, selling cars in the store front, etc) but were not on the list were GT banned. I have a friend who works for Turn 10 who placed my name on the authorized list (and for information, I own a legit copy of Forza 3 - Collector's edition) thus I was white listed and exempt from a GT ban.

Console ban basically prevents the console from accessing xbox live, it removes certain features such as the ability to install games to hdd, all saves on that console cannot be moved to another console so essentially if you get a new console, you have to start playing your games all over.

IPs are not banned so as you said one can easily get another console, you don't even need to get another subscription since XBL subscription is tied to your Gamer tag and not to the console but the fear is whether M$ can now detect the firmware, so even if one were to buy a new console, the risk that it will again be banned is present.
    Last edited by seanbee20; Nov 7, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Of course they can record when you played the game on your 360 even when you are not online and when you get online the console simply uploads your "games played" information and you get a ban. fkers.

Next thing you will have to give the retailer your gamertag so that you have permission to run a game on your console... fkers squared. Future is looking dark ppl
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Default More on LIVE Bans, HDD Crippling, Possible Ban Causes

More on LIVE Bans, HDD Crippling, Possible Ban Causes

- What does this mean for you and what can you do about it?
    Firstly, and most obviously, you cannot connect to Xbox Live on this console any more. This means no more game updates (aka title updates), XBLA games, marketplace content, netflix/sky player and so on. There is no way around this, all online capabilities are now disabled PERMANENTLY.

In all likelihood, your gamertag has NOT BEEN BANNED. When your gamertag gets banned, Microsoft sends you an email detailing why, if you have not recieved this email then your profile should be ok, to a certain extent.

Hard Drive installs are now disabled on the banned console. This means any disk-based games you have will no longer play off of the hard drive. If you attempt to play a game, it will tell you that it was installed on a different 360 and needs to be deleted/installed again. When you delete the game and attempt to install it, you are given a message telling you that it is not supported. There is no way to fix this, that functionality is simply gone from the banned 360.

The hard drive itself is left untouched - you can place it in another 360, even an unbanned one, and it will still work just fine. You do NOT need to reformat it to regain any kind of functionality. Any installed games will need to be reinstalled for the console you want to play them on. This is normal behaviour and happens when swapping HDDs on unbanned/legit 360's.

Windows Media Centre functionality is disabled. It is still possible to stream video/music content via the video library.

Your Gamertag may be corrupted. This does not mean your gamertag has been banned, you can recover it using any live-capable 360, however ANY ACHIVEMENTS YOU HAVE EARNED SINCE BEING BANNED WILL BE LOST. Your gamertag will be corrupted EVERY SINGLE TIME it is used on a banned console. This means you cannot use your banned console to play backups offline just to get achievements - it wont work, the second you put your profile back on a good 360, it will be corrupted and all progress lost. There is no way around this.

The same applies to game saves - if you access a game save on a banned 360, it too will be corrupted when accessed on a legit/unbanned 360! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! There is no way around this, either.

Your XBLA games and DLC will still be valid, however to play them on a different 360 you will need to be signed into Xbox Live. This is normal behaviour on unbanned/legit 360's as well. They may be corrupted and have to be re-downloaded if you attempt to access them on a banned 360. You can transfer all of your downloaded content to a new 360 here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...on/default.htm however note that you can only do it once every 12 months.

So, in summary:
    Your Banned 360:
    * Cannot go on Xbox Live
    * Cannot install games to the HDD
    * Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
    * Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile

You cannot do anything about this, short of buying a new 360.

There may be more functionality disabled than mentioned here, things are still being discovered.

- So what caused my ban?
    There are MANY theories as to what is causing so many consoles to get banned this time, however as of yet there is nothing concrete, just a lot of circumstantial evidence and speculation. Please do not add to this, a full investigation is under-way.

the main guy behind iXtreme, had this to say:
    modded fw itself not detectable
    suspect they are going hard on warez releases and incorrect use of backup

He also added the following:
    just to let you know that im looking into the current ban wave. I am currently running several brand new xboxs on live! These xboxs are in various configs. All are running ixtreme 1.61
    One is running original discs, another is running on xbl (no discs) , another is running a backup from my region!
    until tests are completed

source: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...FpeyBGdGIN.php
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 8, 2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added link to source
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

Quote Originally Posted by Gameman View Post
    lol hear di money man talk....easy millionaire
    no no.. no. I don't own multiple (or any) 360 like most (or all) of the xbox players here, only my one PS3 since 2007. Not a pirate (of console games )

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    IPs are not banned so as you said one can easily get another console, you don't even need to get another subscription since XBL subscription is tied to your Gamer tag and not to the console but the fear is whether M$ can now detect the firmware, so even if one were to buy a new console, the risk that it will again be banned is present.
    you mean you will get banned if you mod it again?

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    no no.. no. I don't own multiple (or any) 360 like most (or all) of the xbox players here, only my one PS3 since 2007. Not a pirate (of console games )

you mean you will get banned if you mod it again?
    It is very likely since M$ appears to have the ability to detect current modding methods. Probably the hackers will come with something new but I am tired of the cat and mouse so either I stick to my PS3 for online or I get a X360 and leave it unmodded. Right now getting another X360 is looking like the preferred option. Can't have my collector's edition of forza 3 and not being able to see my lap times in the top 100
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5