View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Name the printer.

0 0%
  • b) Choose the printer port.

0 0%
  • c) Configure printer spooling.

0 0%
  • d) Print a test page.

6 100.00%

Thread: CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #37

Default CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #37

You are a computer technician for your company. You are installing a new printer for a print device attached to the desktop computer of one of the managers. You run the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer. What is the last step in setting up a new printer? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) Name the printer.
    b) Choose the printer port.
    c) Configure printer spooling.
    d) Print a test page.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Selected D, I think thats the last thing run to test if the printer is indeed configured/setup correctly.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Selected D, I think thats the last thing run to test if the printer is indeed configured/setup correctly.
    Correct.

When installing a new printer for a print device, the last step in the Add Printer Wizard is to print a test page. When you print the test page, you are asked if the test page has printed correctly. Answering yes ends the Add Printer Wizard and answering no opens Windows Help at the printer troubleshooting page.

Correct Option(s):

d) Print a test page.

Incorrect Option(s):

a) Name the printer. - Naming the printer comes immediately before printing a test page in the Add Printer Wizard.
    b) Choose the printer port. - Choosing the printer port comes immediately before naming the printer in the Add Printer Wizard.
    c) Configure printer spooling. - Configuring print spooling is not part of the Add Printer Wizard. You can configure printer spooling after you have completed the Add Printer Wizard by opening the printer's Properties dialog box.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...