View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) 1024MB

3 37.50%
  • b) 128MB

0 0%
  • c) 896MB

5 62.50%
  • d) 1152MB

0 0%

Thread: CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #29

Default CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #29

You just purchased a new laptop with a 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) processor, 1024 megabytes (MB) of Random Access Memory (RAM), and a 128MB integrated video card. When you boot Windows XP and look at the General tab of the System properties window, how much RAM will be listed under the Computer heading? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) 1024MB
    b) 128MB
    c) 896MB
    d) 1152MB
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

896 Am i a winner today?

Or is it 1024 o.o Internal video card should have its own dedicated memory.

I'm going with C. I've NEVER seen a computer that reports the full memory size before...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    I'm going with C. I've NEVER seen a computer that reports the full memory size before...
    eeehhhmmm mine does..........
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Lol my old mobo read 2gbs Bus speeds and everything was good . It read 2gb

Some newer computers may have their own memory, but the requirements are from the time the questions were set.

Laptop and desktop computers with integrated video cards share the system's memory between the system and video card. This video memory sharing causes the system to report less memory (total-shared=reported) than is physically installed. In this case, the onboard video card is sharing 128MB of the system's physical memory. The amount of shared memory used by the video can usually be set in the system's Basic Input/Output System (BIOS).

Correct Option(s):

c) 896MB

Incorrect Option(s):

a) 1024MB - Integrated video cards cause the amount of reported memory to be equal to the physical memory minus the amount of memory being used by the video card.
    b) 128MB - Integrated video cards cause the amount of reported memory to be equal to the physical memory minus the amount of memory being used by the video card.
    d) 1152MB - Integrated video cards cause the amount of reported memory to be equal to the physical memory minus the amount of memory being used by the video card.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...