Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Default Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

New thread in general gaming section cause this covers all.

Modern Warfare 2 will feature third-person mode for playlists

You never want to bring a third person along on a date -- not unless that date happens to be November 10th. Infinity Ward's community manager Robert Bowling (A.K.A. fourzerotwo) has taken control and confirmed that a third-person camera viewpoint will be available in this holiday's monolithic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, though it'll be limited to specifically labeled online playlists.

"It's not something you can toggle on and off in ANY game," said Bowling. The special mode can only be played in private matches -- toggled on or off just like "Hardcore" settings -- or in playlists that are designated for third-person play. According to Bowling, everyone playing in a third-person playlist will be restricted to the viewpoint. "This is just another cool way to play the game," he said, "you obviously will still have the option to play gametypes normal as well."

Our friend, the internet, has an inscrutable video of some person running around in third person, but you're probably better off waiting for the "awesome trailer" the folks at Infinity Ward have planned.
    Yet another change. Don't think it wil be so great but we'll see.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Modern Warfare 2 done got leaked on the 360. Sucks to be me
    All rights reserved.

COD sucks
    stupid overpriced twitch shooter with auto aim

I will only be getting it for the story mode and split screen

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    COD sucks
    Blasphemy.... share Blasphamy i tell yah
    You shall receive 50 lashes for such remarks!
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

lol
    i know that is a bit over the top and i dont mean it really but idunno. I just couldnt bother with COD4 online anymore. Think I burnt out on it since it was one of my first ps3 games and the fact that some people just take it way way WAY too seriously. Also a reward system for kill streaks that earn you more auto kills that even count... too n00by

COD is a bit too twitchy for my liking. I think I prefer more tactical team and objective based shooters. You would never find me playing deathmatch in ANY game.
    Last edited by chig; Oct 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Modern Warfare 2 done got leaked on the 360. Sucks to be me
    ****, a how u know dat before me boss

anyway, thanks for the heads up

Its tru that CoD4 have some things that grinds my gears more time, with the streak thing topping it all, but it can be fun (if you find the rite set of players)
    I think thats why they tryin a new match making system. although they shouldn't have removed the LAN play feature. The darn punkbuster piece of crap can dump.
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

oh ya and the NEED to look thru your sights to aim and actually hit your target...
    Like I said I'll get this for the offline component, but I don't see myself spending too much time with it. I honestly see myself opting for MAG over this.

you don't need to. Cod4 does it well with some guns but I usually don't like seeing ppl hip firing and getting kills. Spray and pray basically.

You can pick a smg and run with it but i would think aiming down the sights of a automatic rifle makes sense. Longer gun means you can be off your aim much more easily even if you think you pointing it somewhere.

I find in mag i can hip fire at enemies when at a certain distance and its even better to do so. Still not sure if I like that cause i feel kinda noob running round with a lmg and not needing to aim proper.

You noticed in mag when you go prone the recoil gets worse?
    All rights reserved.

How is hip firing not aiming properly at close distance when these are trained super soldiers we playing with? The longer gun thing is irrelevant when the problem in COD4 with hip firing is that the shots are scattered miles apart if you don't look down the sights. This is the case because one in 20 shots will hit your target while hip firing but pull it up to your eyes all of a sudden everything hits, even at close range.

And ya I can understand why recoil would be worse when prone and you don't have the attachment, simply because you have less stable support laying on the ground. Makes sense doesn't it?
    Last edited by chig; Oct 30, 2009 at 08:47 PM.