Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many HORROR MOVIES!!!

Default Re: So many HORROR MOVIES!!!

Yeah, Grudge, Boogyman, Cursed, Hide and Seek, Alone in the dark, White Noise, horrors seems to be main focus of movie producers now.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

While I love horror/thrillers, I tend to lean towards the "Sci-Fi horror" category, where things are theoretically possible, but not yet proven.

Excessive gore, blood & guts, and massive chop-ups are unfortunately the backbone of most horror movie scripts, but give me a decent storyline and theories to back it up and I'm your man. Flicks I could watch again (and maybe 2 more times): Aliens, Sphere, The Fly 1 & 2 (1st one better), 28 Days Later, X-Files Movie & series, Terminator 1 & 2, The Cube, anything created/developed by novelist Michael Crichton.

Also, anything Satanic or generally demonic is out of the question for me.
    If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain
    - Morpheus, "The Matrix"

But that's exactly my point JA2. Most of the newer ones have very strong Satanic/Demonic grounds! Many of them, like Hide and Seek and White Noise are based on REAL events!

With respect to Hide and Seek, I remember seeing an A&E program called "Real American Hauntings" - in one of the stories (where a couple and their little girl is haunted by a violent poltergeist attached to the manifestation of a long dead neighbourhood member), the narrator says, is now being made into a major Hollywood film (this was earlier last year ofcourse, before the movie came out). Now that it's out, one has to ask: Is Hollywood going too far?

Any thoughts on "Constantine"?
    No where to run, no where to hide, technology is everywhere...

believe it or not, i have never watched a horror movie. i saw constantine's trailer on saturday, as much as i liked the visuals in the trailer, i don't think that storyline will fit me even worse the rest of the movie, so i have no plans to see it.
    i didn't even watch scary movie, even though that wasn't horror, but thats another story.

is constantine out yet?
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

nope, it said coming soon.

the last memorable horror flick i watched was 13 ghosts
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Different Strokes for Different Folkes; After all i'm not a fan of all this lovey dovey movies; yet and still in like 2002-2003 we were more than flooded with them. Was anyone complaining then?

I say a change is always welcomed. If the plot is beign re-enacted in modern day society then we must protest and start pumping more J-Lo "i'm-falling-in-love-but-i-don't-want-to-but-i-can't-help-it" movies...See if it helps to save the world

I was also wonderin why are there so many horror movies out now. I a sure there is some linkage to the Church Of SAtan.

Most of the movies coing out are crap, so i am doin a lot of reading now
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS