View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Ensure the video card is properly seated in the slot.

1 20.00%
  • b) Replace the video card with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective video card

0 0%
  • c) Replace the monitor with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective monitor.

0 0%
  • d) Ensure the cable is attached properly.

4 80.00%

Thread: CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #12

Default CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #12

You move a computer from one location to another location. The computer worked fine before the move, but now the monitor does not display anything. What should you check first? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) Ensure the video card is properly seated in the slot.
    b) Replace the video card with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective video card.
    c) Replace the monitor with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective monitor.
    d) Ensure the cable is attached properly.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

I've seen this question already.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

If compTIA A+ course is this easy i think i can do the exam tomorrow, Has to be D..

Worked perfectly before move so B and C are wrong, And there's no mention of the case being opened so I don't see a video care popping out of a slot..

If this wrong me ago sad.

Any time you are diagnosing a problem you should start with the simple things first. In this case, all was fine before we moved the computer so it is unlikely that anything failed during the move. The easiest and first diagnostic step is to ensure the cable is properly plugged in.

Correct Option(s):

d) Ensure the cable is attached properly.

Incorrect Option(s):

a) Ensure the video card is properly seated in the slot. - The easiest thing to check would be ensuring the cable is attached properly. If the cable is attached properly the next step would be to ensure the video card is seated properly in the slot.
    b) Replace the video card with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective video card. - This would be appropriate after you have eliminated the simpler steps such as checking that the cable is correctly attached and the card is firmly seated in the expansion slot.
    c) Replace the monitor with a known good one to ensure it is not a defective monitor. - This would be appropriate after you have eliminated the simpler steps such as checking that the cable is correctly attached and the card is firmly seated in the expansion slot.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...