View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Plug the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin 12V connector into the motherboard.

1 25.00%
  • b) Plug the 24 pin connector into the motherboard.

0 0%
  • c) Plug the 20 pin connector into the motherboard.

1 25.00%
  • d) Connect P8 P9 connectors to MB ensuring black wires in connectors are next to each other.

2 50.00%

Thread: CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #5

Default CompTIA A+ Depot Technician Quiz #5

You have to put a computer back together that another technician disassembled. It has an AT motherboard. You need to connect the power supply to the motherboard. How is this accomplished? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) Plug the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin 12V connector into the motherboard.
    b) Plug the 24 pin connector into the motherboard.
    c) Plug the 20 pin connector into the motherboard.
    d) Connect the P8 and P9 connectors to the motherboard ensuring the black ground wires in each connector are next to each other.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

ATX is now so AT sounds like b4 and i dontn know why u'd need to connect power ensuring matching color scheme so i'd say P8/P9 - besides they sound like a phone anyway
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

The question states that the computer is using an AT motherboard. This means that the power connection is provided by the P8 and P9 connectors from the power supply. These connectors typically each have 4 black wires for ground at one edge of the connector. When these connectors are installed properly, the black wires in each connector will be next to each other in the middle.

Correct Option(s):

d) Connect the P8 and P9 connectors to the motherboard ensuring the black ground wires in each connector are next to each other.

Incorrect Option(s):

a) Plug the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin 12V connector into the motherboard. - The question states we are using an AT form factor motherboard. A 20 pin connector with the 4 pin connector would be used with an ATX motherboard.
    b) Plug the 24 pin connector into the motherboard. - The question states we are using an AT form factor motherboard. A 24 pin connector would be used with an ATX motherboard.
    c) Plug the 20 pin connector into the motherboard. - The question states we are using an AT form factor motherboard. A 20 pin connector would be used with an ATX motherboard.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...