View Poll Results: Choose the best option(s)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Inform her not to power on the computer while that keyboard is connected.

4 80.00%
  • b) Inform the customer of the sale on keyboards.

4 80.00%
  • c) Tell her at least it was only the keyboard.

0 0%
  • d) Inform her that it is quite possible the keyboard can be salvaged.

4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CompTIA A+ Remote Technician Quiz #48

Default CompTIA A+ Remote Technician Quiz #48

You work at a local computer store. You are on the phone with a customer who just recently spilled a can of soda on her keyboard. She is very upset about the event, and she tells you that the computer was not powered on when this occurred. Currently your store has brand name keyboards on for half price. What can be done to assist the customer in this situation? Choose the best option(s) from those listed below.

a) Inform her not to power on the computer while that keyboard is connected.
    b) Inform the customer of the sale on keyboards.
    c) Tell her at least it was only the keyboard.
    d) Inform her that it is quite possible the keyboard can be salvaged.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

i dont like C but everything else will work.
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

I need the sale
    b) Inform the customer of the sale on keyboards. (at half price)

If she does'nt have the cash then:
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

It is important to treat the customer's problem with severity because it is affecting that user in a negative way. Any problem should never be minimized, because what seems small to you may mean the end of the world to them. By reaffirming the user that her problem could be solved simply by unplugging and cleaning the keyboard, you will typically make that person fell better. You should also tell her not to power on the computer while the keyboard is connected to the computer, because this will prevent any damage to the computer itself.

Correct Option(s):

d) Inform her that it is quite possible the keyboard can be salvaged.

Incorrect Option(s):

b) Inform the customer of the sale on keyboards. - Downplaying a customer's problem should be avoided. It may not seem like a problem to you, but it may seem severe to them. Some compassion must be used in situations similar to this.
    c) Tell her at least it was only the keyboard. - Making jokes to ease the tension with a customer who you are not that familiar with may not be a good idea. There is a good chance they could take it negatively, and this could establish a poor relationship.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...