Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Forza 3 Review Thread

I wasn't decided on whether I should purchase Forza 3 standard edition or LE but since having this game from Sunday and playing over the past days my mind is made up.

Forza 3 LE purchased............. as of right now this game is the holy grail of simulation racing on a console. If GT5 comes out better than this game then all the better cause that would mean we are no longer in a video game but racing in real life.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

it will still be a game no game given todays technologies available to us can 100% accurately replicate real life. No matter how great GT5 will be

It's called exaggeration......... people do that from time to time

I saw the trailer, very creative trailer, wish it was on pc.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

Nop
    this one --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7Yz1Y7NPU

Love how the menus in this setup straight forward and organized like a football game, bwaay pc get lef wid this one T_T. The in race rewind feature sick, was forza 2 on pc?
    Last edited by samurailos; Oct 24, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

lolz at the fakeness. the one sean post more realistic even though its still touched up but I seem to remember MS saying that one that samurailos just post was using the actual game...
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I agree. the first trailer that was released was too fake
    Last edited by seanbee20; Oct 24, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Default Tech Evolution: Forza Motorsport 3

Tech Evolution: Forza Motorsport 3

Thorough FAIL. The article actually compares forza 3 to GT5P and forza 3 lost. LOL. (in graphics)

Both Forza 3 and GT5P do have elements in common: you can take your pick of cars that are shared across both games (we opted for the Ferrari 599) and the Suzuka race course is also found in both releases. So here's how this combo looks in both games. The Polyphony game has clear advantages in terms of lighting (improved in Forza 3, but still some way off the sophistication in GT5P), and also in edge-aliasing reduction. It's the only racing game on either platform that we've played that employs 4x MSAA and hits 60FPS. That's in 720p mode. Switch to 1080p, and you get a 50 per cent resolution boost up to 1280x1080 (expanded outwards to full HD using bilinear scaling) but AA drops to 2x MSAA. That's a pretty good trade-off, to put it lightly, and that additional 50 per cent resolution via the 1080p support does make a difference. On top of that, GT also manages to process twice the number of cars as Forza, but the grid runs with a rolling start in order to space out the vehicles. Polyphony doesn't skimp on its transparencies either. Hit the sand at speed, and the screen quickly fills with a very impressive dust cloud.

In replay mode, the differences in lighting become even more apparent, but the motion blur used by Forza is a cut above Polyphony's implementation, even if other notable effects such as a heat haze approximation are missing. The other major advantage for the Forza engine is the fact that (in-game at least), the game is v-synced and will never tear. So here's a small selection of comparison shots. One thing that must be stressed is that both games are using different time-of-day approximations, so the shots can't be used as direct like-for-like comparisons of the lighting model. Our comments here are derived from looking at the games as a whole.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Video review of Forza 3 along with the Fanatec 911 wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VID_ndJJ3pI&feature=fvsr

Anybody claiming Forza 3 is an arcade game and have not actually played the game themselves should at least spare the time to watch this video so as to stop sounding like an uninformed fan boy.

These guys run insidesimracing.com who have very rarely reviewed a console game because of what they regard as lack of tre sim racers on consoles and for these guys to say Forza 3 is definitely a sim, can't help but laugh when I see people here saying the game is an arcade racer.
    Last edited by seanbee20; Dec 20, 2009 at 02:45 PM.