Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchased Software & Why

Only one out of your list I've bought is IDM, been using for over 4 years. Other stuff I just use trial, like Power ISO, I'm using the unlicensed version and for burning I just use windows default. Why buy when you can continually use the demo version. Games on the other hand, I've bought a LOT of.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Games I've purchased a lot of as well, but as for software - I only buy the ones I think make sense. If is things I use daily or at least once in a while, then I consider purchase.

One thing I'd recommend you buy though is PERFECTDISK. Get the free trial and see for yourself. Only if you don't use Windows you'd not need to get it.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Alcohol selling for a cheaper price than normal. Think is like 50% off or something. Check it for those who buy their things. And version 2.0 is out.

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

i love free software as long as they work without any spyware/virus hidden im game
    370-5652 ...... Only God can Judge Me

I've purchased Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 9 years back (it was actually free with $5 shipping and my sister actually just used her cash)
    Windows 7 32 and 64 bit (just activated the 32 bit and now i'm thinking I should've used the 64 and sold the 32 cuz I may not be able to build a new computer as planned before the next windows is released)
    Considering buying Perfectdisk, gonna feel out the trial first and see. Of course the purchase may not happen b4 yearend but such is life.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I should've used the 64 and sold the 32 cuz I may not be able to build a new computer as planned before the next windows is released)
    Should be able to re/install 64 bit win 7 on the your pc and use the same product key for either 32 or 64 bit versions.

Quote Originally Posted by duberryd View Post
    Should be able to re/install 64 bit win 7 on the your pc and use the same product key for either 32 or 64 bit versions.
    For real? I was thinking the key would be specific to 32 bit but if that's the case then that means I basically have two 64 bit OSs then . Need to check that out a bit further.
    Did a little googling and yeah, they're saying the keys dont differentiate, that's cool stuff.
    Last edited by Cloud; Feb 10, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Thats weird... seems you just like buying software. I have used or use free alternatives to all those programs you have there cept MS office and the defragmenter. :-S
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Thats weird... seems you just like buying software. I have used or use free alternatives to all those programs you have there cept MS office and the defragmenter. :-S
    In Linux I buy nothing. I may buy that app they're working on to help play games on Linux, since WINE doesn't work so good.

Almost all the apps for Windows I've purchased were for a good reason - in my estimation. Some were a waste of cash, and others were to get a job done. I don't think it's a good idea to not pay the people for something that you actually use - and most of them are lifetime licenses. One time buy.

EXT4 doesn't need defragging in any case. EXT2/3 may need it to some extent, but the different Linux FS's don't need defragging. One more reason to go to the penguin.

SmartDraw 2008 : Wife bought it, I never agreed with that at the time. But now, I don't have to worry about the crack expiring or whatever. It just works for her, and that is easier on me.

- sometimes being legit pays off.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core