Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread.

I've noticed this car elsewhere before but didn't know it was even a Toyota. It's good to see the family huggers making a sports car again tho. But since I haven't been reading any mags recently nor been to any Car shows to see it what class will this be in? I'm guessing it's not up to Supra standards and instead of competing with the Skyline it's down with the Z and RX-8... revival of the Celica?
    Last edited by chig; Oct 16, 2009 at 07:10 PM.

Default Gran Turismo 5 Packaging Reveals Three Discs

Gran Turismo 5 Packaging Reveals Three Discs

Sometimes, you’ll come across the most pleasant surprises when you least expect them, and this situation is no exception. Today, we get our first look at the Gran Turismo 5 box art and packaging, in the hands of Kazunori Yamauchi himself. Our own sharp-eyed reader, GON, was first to notice the revelation in this new video from Mercedes-Benz and immediately sent it my way. Sure enough, at 0:42, we get to spy on a Polyphony Digital meeting as Yamauchi inspects a thick Blu-Ray box, complete with the obligatory small text, Sony Computer Entertainment stamp, and the new PS3 logo. Although it may not be the ultimate final product, it’s very likely this is exactly what you’ll find on store shelves next year.

The most curious thing, of course, is the fact that the packaging clearly contains three separate Blu-Ray cases -- one black, one red, and one blue. What could they be? While the conspiracy theorists get to work, here’s a list of other interesting tidbits from the clip:

Gran Turismo uses one single physics calculation model, so they simply enter the parameters for each car, and the handling characteristics play themselves out within the game. As Yamauchi says, “If the original car is made well, it’ll drive well.”

We get a closer look at the 3D model of the SLS AMG in Gran Turismo 5, along with a corner from the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Mercedes’ narrarator suggests that Yamauchi is “considering” putting the new SLS AMG on the cover, but Yamauchi’s following comments (along with the box art seen earlier) all but confirm it will be the star of the show. As he explains, it “will probably be the most exciting car in the world when GT5 is released”. He also was sure to mention: “Fans of Gran Turismo 5 really have something to be excited about”.

As always, if anyone is able to track down a higher-quality version of the source clip, please let me know.

3 bluray discs? Overkill. GT5 is a car encyclopedia now. Historians will in the future walk over the ashes of forza games and pick up GT5 to learn about the vehicles of our time
    Last edited by semitop; Oct 20, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

And you guys were complaining about Forza 3 being on 2 discs? Seriously why does GT5 need 3 discs when I bluray can hold so much?
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Who says they are all BluRay discs, could be CD soundtracks the thing never clarified what were on them.
    Regardless, with Forza 3 its a necessity due to not being able to hold everything compressed on one DL DVD. I'm pretty certain with GT5 it's all bonus stuff and you won't need be meeting any "Please insert disc 1/2 then press A" screens.

There are no please insert disc 1/2 then press A screens on Forza and what comes on disk 2 is DLC so one could also argue the same here (extra disks = bonus content)

I would be foolish to argue that the space limitation does not exist on M$ but again I ask, why the need for 3 blu-rays? Notice I am not even giving their CD argument much wait cause if no no damn cd di man dem a go package with a brand name like Gran Turismo
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5