Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread.

best small car? Pointless question but... I like this one http://bit.ly/bHv6ds
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I`ll be playing forza 4 and GT 5 wont be ready lol.
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Wow they really hrew the pot and kettle into it. the nightmare of getting the licenses has begun AGAIN! The amount of cars in GT is pointless (any car less than 160hp). 4 wheel drive evo10/wrx/skyline all the way - there's nothing I hate like the MR car challenges.
    Spoken like somebody who doesn't really appreciate the GT franchise for what it is. The mere fact that you only think of 3 types of cars as worthy and only like the 4wd drivetrain (though unless you are rallying it gives no great advantage in racing) means that you would be easy food for any true gt fanatic, which leads to...

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I'm just saying that when they keep mentioning all the cars it gives the impression that all of them are fun to drive. That is of course IMHO. I am playing through GT4 now and it has roughly 900 cars (or something like that) and for some reason I can't win ANY of the races in the Beginner small/light weight car challenge. I don't know what it is really, maybe it is the A.I or the majority of the small cars that I have bought in my garage just suck. @semi what is the best small car?
    But alas to each is own as you did say it was your opinion.

Basically what I think your problem is is that you have set a certain standard for the cars you use and not every car is necessarily able to meet that standard. I was able to do this in both the Copen and the Cappuccino, I would suggest you use the Cappuccino though as it is one of the more powerful small cars and it has excellent handling.

Also if you haven't been doing so before, drive with the driving line on, it will allow you to see where you are making mistakes in your race and where you need to improve.

And expand your car choices. Get to know other cars and you will become a better driver overall. I specifically recommend learning to drive rwd cars as they have the steepest learning curve but rwd cars actually offer some of the best handling when you can manage it. When you make a mistake 4wd and fwd cars tend to understeer too much and will always put you off the track while a rwd car will drift giving you room for correction and you will still be able to maintain your position

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    its not pointless. Its a game for car enthusiasts and regular gamers; ppl want to test drive all dem cars. Why is a slow car a prob even? Still a race
    I concur. I actually like embarassing people by beating them with not so powerful cars against their 700hp monsters.
    Last edited by Skillachi; Jun 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Default E3 2010: Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Announced

At last; Gran Turismo 5 has been given a release date, with Polyphony's long-delayed driving simulator coming to the US on November 2.

A new trailer at Sony's E3 press conference highlighted the new features, showing off night racing, NASCAR and WRC as well as the Top Gear Test Track.

It also revealed the involvement of F1 hotshot Sebastien Vettel and Red Bull designer Adrian Newey – though it remains to be seen whether the Red Bull F1 car would feature.

There's no word on a release date outside of North America just yet – we'll look to bring you more once we hit the show floor.
    E3 2010: Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Announced
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by kenroy112 View Post
    I`ll be playing forza 4 and GT 5 wont be ready lol.
    Good job adding absolutely nothing of value to the thread.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7

^ LOL

Ok, Skillachi, I drive Rally all day thats why I like those cars, plus I need off road traction, LOL. I will try the Daihatsu Copen or the Suzuki Cappuccino. Do you buy them new or Used? what tuning options do you put on (cause tuning reduces my a-spec points )?

I haven't played gt4 in like.... 3 years lol

Anyway you should be able to do it without tuning.

But for a quick advantage you can just use like nos and use it for straightline overtaking or when you need to gain back position.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Good job adding absolutely nothing of value to the thread.
    I was adding my frustration no value is here to be added
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx

If you can only drive 4WD cars, you probably shouldn't be playing GT. Just saying.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5