Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread.

Default Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread.

TGS 2009: Interview: Gran Turismo 5's Kazunori Yamauchi

Joystiq: Are there any plans to bring Gran Turismo PSP's "Party Mode" to GT5?

Yamauchi: I'm glad you noticed that. What we really worked hard to make the PSP portable fun and interesting is in those types of details. Obviously, these are ideas we worked hard on and they will be carried over in some form into GT5.

In Gran Turismo, with its ten years of history, the people that who good at playing the game are really, really good at playing the game. Of course, there are a lot of first-time players that want to get into the game, and it was a major theme for us to develop the game so it would be easier for them to get into it. With the party races and these game modes we've developed for the PSP, we've come to one solution for that aspect.
    How long did it take to implement damage into Gran Turismo 5?

It took two months to get to where we're at. So it wasn't a matter of difficulty. It was just when we initiated it.

Why implement it now?

One was a technical curiosity as a developer. And the other is that if it will make for clean races, it's a good thing.

How realistic will damage be?

To end with the race with a crash, we can do that now. But I don't think we'll ever have serious crashes, in which the cars are just torn apart into bits or just flattened into a few inches high. Things like that are something I just don't think we'll ever do.

Damage is just one -- just a small aspect of a race. It's nothing that really needs to be focused on.

Will damage affect gameplay?

The level of damage that is affecting the cars -- because the demo is so short, you might not be able to damage the car that much in such a short amount of time. But it''s not a difficult thing to apply the physics of damage to handling and suspension and all that.

The Cologne version actually already had that implemented. Because it had a five minute playtime, I think you're able to see more of the damage affecting the cars' driving then. But the TGS demo is maybe two and a half minutes long, so you might not be able to see it as prominently.
    What are your plans for Gran Turismo 5?

GT5 is a title that was pretty much remade from scratch, but because we did that, the next version is actually going to be faster -- the time period it's going to be released. But I think when GT5 comes out, we're still going to have things that are left undone, and whether we complete that in GT6, or the next version for PSP, I'm not sure yet. I've been working very hard for the last 15 years, and I think that hard work is just going to continue.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

ohhh thats why they are taking so long, they remade the game from scratch, should be interesting.
    PSN ID: SLAIN007

so much for a release date being announced at TGS..lol

sigh , unno hurry up nuh man

i saw something in a next thread about a worldwide release for march 2010
    PSN ID: SLAIN007

Im playing this game if its the last thing I do and trust me you will be getting your money worth. because expect it to have the usual tonns of content etc

my favourite cars in the gran turismo series is the Yellow nissan penzoil gtr race car tuned by nismo. my favourite race track is laguna seca of course or tokyo route 246

Just got a mail from Amazon advising a new estimated released date of March 2010. I just canceled the order. Will buy once the game is actually out
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5