Thread: Best Viewing device for console gaming

Default Best Viewing device for console gaming

I would like to know what your experiences have been. I've only been able to use 3 of the above. The typical Curved Surface, the PC Monitor and the Flat Screen TV. Of the three, I love the Flat Screen TV. The screen is quite bright and colours are extremely well defined, closely rivalling HDTV. In addition, I don't like curved edges for my gaming screen. It feels......unnatural.

I recently fired up my XBOX on the Flat Screen beast, and was utterly blown away. The PS2's Final Fantasy X looked razor sharp on the Flat Screen TV with definition I have never before seen otherwise. Gran Turismo 3 was jaw droppingly gorgeous. During the cutscenes, I was afraid to touch the screen, in fear that I might cut myself ;D

I would like to find out more about the other modes of play that you guys may have experience with as per this poll. Please state your fave and why. Any technical details re: your answer would also be appreciated. If you have ever used a TV Card to game via console, please also state the brand name/model and how you rank it as well. Thanks.

Default Re:Best Viewing device for console gaming

Plasma TV is rivaled only by your 21inch CRT Monitor.
    Just be ready to fork out $2000 for one of those babies ;D

Plasma is by far the best, only a shame that they burn in very quick...

Burn In? What do you mean and Why?

I still running my gamecube on mono sound. Besides the default 20in TV I have not used anything else. My tv works just as fine for me.

Although on the back of game cude there's a "progressive scan display" output. But I'll buy a couple more games before I buy a new monitor - if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    Burn In? What do you mean and Why?
    the tendency of stationary images to burn in and produce permanent ghosting.

But NEC has developed technology to deal with the problem by moving stationary pixels just enough to prevent such burn-in. ;D

Yep Plasma is best because of no viewing angle limitations, not affected by surrounding (ambient) light , accurate images, brighter colors , uniform brightness on any area of the screen. Al those mentioned advantages are necessary for gaming especially ambient light and angle limitatations and even colours.

only drawback is that its expensive.