Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Jamaica

Default Re: Google Jamaica

it sounds like google.com.jm returned more refined search results than google.com. This means that they are possibly refining the searches to produce the results that are more relevant to your geographic location.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I think it may be a load balancing problem, sometimes .jm returns 1.5 million and othertimes it returns 660,000. .com does the same thing as well.

If you ping www.google.com and www.google.com.jm they both respond to the same ip address 64.233.187.99 and other times it respond to 64.233.187.104.

So I think it all depends on the server that you get connected to when you search.

I think this is better customer service when they refine your search to your country. Plus they offer you a link to the international page, easily. So its no worries. Think its a nice move!

I think it sucks really. But if you click "go to google.com" come it will stop going to the .jm site. I prefer to get information from where it is rather than where they think I want it from - control freak? maybe

Fi real owen. I think it sucks too, I prefer to have my information that was also.

Question google jamaica

whats up with the google jamaica thingy is there a link?
    what is life without people, what is people without love, what is love without the most high....

Default Re: google jamaica

HUH? uhhhmmm do you mean the link to google jamaica http://www.google.com.jm or the discussion?

I don't have a problem with it. I think it's pretty cool. Just as long as my search results come from google and it is in english, doesn't matter to me.
    I'm only interested in the first 20 results. I'm not interested if it returns 5 million results or not.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Thumbs down Re: Google Jamaica

Personally I think google.com.jm is mainly pointless unless there is a "pages from Jamaica" search option as there is on Google.co.uk, google.de etc

I dislike google.com beacuse often when i search I only need UK sites so with google.co.uk I have the option of "the web" or "pages from the UK" searches.

Personally I set my homepage to http://www.boogle.com. It's Goolge with daily quotes. Works for me.