Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Jamaica

Default Re: Google Jamaica

My homepage is google and it randomly chacnges itself to google.com.jm

same here in canada (they try to redirect you to google.ca if your ip is identified as canadian) ... google just tries to do ip targeting and redirect traffic to the specific google site for that country .. but when it happens, and you don't want it to happen again, simply click the link that says "Go to Google.Com" .. it should then remember that preference

interesting side note, there is also an ask rootz. its a jamaican search engine
    interesting side note part two, there is also top5jamaica. it's a jamaican search directory.

THanks, sandor. I hope this isn't the start of google taking some of microsoft's bad traits.
    I wonder if them think this did kool.

It doesn't take away from the functionality plus it allows them to collect better info and provide better search results so I don't see a problem with it. If, however, they start filtering search results based on where I am, then that's a different picture.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Actually, using google.com.jm should provide better results when searching for stuff relating to "Jamaica" than standard google. Try it for yourself and you'll notice the difference.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Quote Originally Posted by ropy
    searching for stuff relating to "Jamaica" than standard google. Try it for yourself and you'll notice the difference.
    I never notice a difference from google.com and google.com.jm. I did a search on dancehall, and riddims and they both turned up the same results.

My points exactly.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I never notice a difference from google.com and google.com.jm. I did a search on dancehall, and riddims and they both turned up the same results.
    When I did a search on dancehall, google.com returned 1.5 million results, google.com.jm returned 660,000.

Is that good or bad? Where did the 840,000 other results turn to.