Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BB with pin now barred!

If a Blackberry isn't new and you don't know the person that you are purchasing from I would be very weary.

Unlike most phones where the carrier dictates which phone can communicate on their network, in the case of Blackberries and RIM's data service, they (RIM) control the data access. If a phone is reported stolen to your carrier, who then notifies RIM there is no way you will be able to use Blackberry service anywhere in the world with that phone as its PIN would be barred.

While the PIN can be illegally changed, what would be the point as RIM keeps a record of all PINs assigned and the likelihood of you guessing a valid PIN who isn't already activated is next to nill.

So when your friend pointed out that the BB was reported stolen, what was the seller's response?

well the things seems new..look fresh.plastic is on.pin match that onthe box..but pin is barred..

what i would like to kno is..say some1 the person knows had a BB and then upgraded to a new device and is no longer using the older bb, can that pin be used?

Quote Originally Posted by lissy32 View Post
    he is speaking through ME!
    I feel the ppl need to kno that its a risky venture,must be careful.
    But anyways no arguments. lookin for thoughts on the issue!
    sad case ... man nu want back no money then ... your post is informative, but chances are will not increase the chance of him getting back his money .. man needs to find the seller asap and try work out something face to face ...

what i would like to kno is..say some1 the person knows had a BB and then upgraded to a new device and is no longer using the older bb, can that pin be used?
    Only on the original device ... not on another
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    sad case ... man nu want back no money then ... your post is informative, but chances are will not increase the chance of him getting back his money .. man needs to find the seller asap and try work out something face to face ...
    We still need to know what the Seller said when the matter was reported to him/her. Barring that, the only thing you can do I guess is publicize the matter, call out the seller name and hope others don't do business with someone like that. Its always gonna be buyer beware in a place like this. I dont think anyone on this site offers warranties.

The person has called the seller up to today, but always a "sad" story...but i dont know how any1 cud spend such dirty money and not feel bad..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

The person has called the seller up to today, but always a "sad" story...but i don't know how any1 cud spend such dirty money and not feel bad..
    I tell people all the time .. buying online is HIGH risk ... sometimes it goes without an hitch, other times pure problems,,, in a case like this .. some amount of precautions could have been made to ensure a refund, but that has passed, at the end of the day if the buyer feels cheated then he only has one option .. POLICE
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

lissy32 even thought u were not the one who spend your cash it was your friend u need to say the seller name for people like me and other members who dont own a BB and give us a head's up.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries