View Poll Results: Which Online Gaming Platform is Better?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox Live

0 0%
  • PSN

2 100.00%
  • Wii Network

0 0%
  • I dont Play online

0 0%

Thread: PlayStation Network (PSN)

Default PlayStation Network (PSN)

Hey everyone.

I am finally purchasing a PS3 and as part of my research I wanted to know what the online experience is like. Here's how you can help me:

Have you ever accessed the PSN?
    How would you rate the experience?

I use PSN and game online.

PSN is free!

Your online gaming experience will depend on the game you are playing and your internet connection. Some games implement online gaming better than others. So performance may vary from game to game. If the game network code is good, and your internet connection is good, then you should have a smooth experience.

If you are getting a PS3, there really isn't any online gaming alternative other than PSN, so whether you prefer another service or not, you will be using PSN if you plan to game online.

Your standard features are present - friends list, messaging, text and voice chat, online store (for purchases and demo downloads) etc.

free wins. Its mostly down to the game developers to integrate certain features, but the basic play online works and there is no worry of staying subscribed
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

PSN is fine, I don't hardly experience lag unless it is either from my end and the one game I notice lag from that it's definitely not me is Little Big Planet, sometimes some people on 56k connections join your party. Oh and PS Home. Most of the games I play are on the games' servers and not p2p so I don't buck up into no host connection lost issues unless is COD4 which everybody who play dat kno bout IW online problems no matter which platform u play it on.
    Store offers a good deal of games and has sales at times. Some people gameshare to get free games to download.
    Features are fine as they are except the ugly friends list that accompanied ADware downgrade update 3.0, and we still haven't seen any new avatars.

Can't say much about XBL except my experience with Games for Windows Live, which is basically the same, and was horrible. The few xbox 360 owning friends I have never paid for XBL after the free month they got so if I'm to judge from them it seems not worth it.
    Wii online, from what I have read is near none-existent, and the whole friend code thing is not cuttin it for me. Think that thing was made mainly for living room fun and just like the gamecube online gaming was an afterthought.

I'll skip voting since it will be a biased vote.

I just got back a ps3, been playin fifa 09 online and i havent had any lag. PSN experience is great and its free.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

to me the whole xbox inteface including live, look too pretty pretty, like it was designed by little kidz, the psn layout looks more mature
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    to me the whole xbox inteface including live, look too pretty pretty, like it was designed by little kidz, the psn layout looks more mature
    Wrong thread

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79831
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Bwoy this thread confirms the assumption I have always had. Never do a poll on techjamaica because it will always show some pretty strange results.

Wow, PSN is going to win a poll against XBL. I have seen it all.

BTW, why is there even a poll in this thread? Based on the question being asked by the OP I don't see the correlation with the poll.

Anyway, PSN is cool and as said if you getting a PS3 there really isn't any alternative, if you are debating on which console to get and your choice will be decided by how good the online platform is for either console then your decision will be a little more challenging, pay for the platform which is superior or simply enjoy a pretty good service for free.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5