Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Implore Caution !

Default I Implore Caution !

With all the previous posts about Jamaican hackers and what not I feel the need to post this important document.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/9866

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10271

Ladies and gentlemen... as much as the art of hacking and craking can be fun... WE ARE for the msot part in the islands and as such, JAIL for us does not include a library. Especially the jails in JAMAICA.

There will be no "niceities" for you if and WHEN you get caught by the respective authorities. These Americans' and Europeans' have the benefit of better "civil rights and cushy jails"

So I implore any Jamaican and any islander that is involved in or thinking of getting involved with Blackhat work to stop.

If you crack... BE PREPARED TO GO TO A REAL ISLAND JAIL where you will be sure to regret your actions.

If you write virii and release it onto the internet be assured that the yanks will comedown on you very hard and cart you away like a piece of meat. Be forwarned that the Jamaican government will not sheild you and will roll over and give you up if the FBI wants you.

DO NOT DO THESE THINGS.

I say these things because I have been observing a dumb trend developing among Jamaican techies who are intoxicated with the idea of blackhat work and are too young, dumb and naieve to realises that being a black hat is deadly serious.

I have eyes and ears in various places...

This thing is not some nostalgic nirvana.

You know who you are.

--observing a silly trend
    Gillion
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Default Re: I Implore Caution !

Nice links gillion nice read, i hope you people planning on becoming black hat hackers sway from that route you see what happen to Jacobsen... on the other hand dude must be really good with computer to have gained access to t-mobile servers hope they mold this young mind so he could one day do good with is powers
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

The second article was a very good read. Sober warning that crime is crime. Computer Crime is no different from anyother crime when the consequences become real.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

I don't think I can say it any better. I am broke right now so I won't be able to come visit you guys in prison often so stay out of jail.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Well said Fada G.

If you want to learn about security, by all means, hack and crack away at your own private networks and systems. When you have learned, use your knowledge to safeguard societies systems and data, rather than exploiting them. Crime is crime. Wrong is wrong. Don't go to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by willy
    Nice links gillion nice read, i hope you people planning on becoming black hat hackers sway from that route you see what happen to Jacobsen... on the other hand dude must be really good with computer to have gained access to t-mobile servers hope they
    mold this young mind so he could one day do good with is powers
    for Jamaicans' and jail I doubt there will be any molding of mind... breaking of body and spirit yes... no molding.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

yeah dats what ive been telling the youths for a long time, but them still want to make hacker group and those things. And they not even smart, like walking about telling everyone of what they are capable of doing and where they practice. it get me cross sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by megiddo
    And they not even smart, like walking about telling everyone of what they are capable of doing and where they practice. it get me cross sometimes
    Very true. Not that I'm encourageing anyone or condoning it, but the first rule of hacking is keep your mouth shut. Too many of them just waan run off dem mouth. And don't know what they talking about half of the time, or how much trouble it can get them into.
    Last edited by nder; Jan 12, 2005 at 08:26 PM.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Check out this guys resume....
    Sir,
    I am currently looking for a computer security related job. I am
    willing to relocate anywhere in the world, with minimal relocation
    assistance. At this point, as I have just recently acquired my Associates
    Degree in Computer Science, though I have had other, non-tradition education
    as well. Please take a look at my resume (attached in plain text format)
    and if you have a place for me, please contact me as listed below. I can
    start anytime.

Thank You,
    Nick Jacobsen,
    Email: ethics netzero net
    Phone: 541-679-3218
    ICQ #: 23292256
    Address:
    120 Winston Section Road
    Winston, Oregon, 97496

Nicholas Jacobsen
    1911 NE Thompson
    Portland, OR
    Massage: (503) 287-4812
    Email: ethics netzero net

Employment
    * Long Term Goal: Network Manager position in the Computer Security Field
    * Immediate Goal: Network Administrator in the IT field.
    * Computer Security Institute's NetSec '01 New Orleans, LA June 2001
    Intern: Technical Services, Computer Setup/Configuration, Attendee Registration, and
    Customer Service
    * 27th Annual Computer Security Conference Chicago, IL November 2000
    Intern: Technical Services, Attendee Registration, and Customer Service
    * Ethics Design Winston, OR 1997-Present
    Consulting in computer system setup, design, security, and software.
    * Mustard Seed Educational Services Roseburg, OR 1989-1998
    Website design, achievement test scoring, cashiering, curriculum recommendation, computer
    inventory and sales, program maintenance, exhibit hall setup/tear-down,
    assisting with publishing 32 page catalog.
    Education
    * Goal: BS in Computer Science via part-time studies and CISSP Certification
    * Professional Education:
    * NetSec '01, Attended:
    * How to Develop a Winning Security Architecture - David Lynas
    * Windows 2000 Security - Joel Scrambray
    * Virus Writers and Legislation - Sarah Gordon
    * Creating a Comprehensive Intrusion Detection System - Charles Hudson, Jr.
    * Phreakers to Frauds: Telecom Crime Investigation and Prevention - Andrea Morin
    * Building Secure Software - Gary McGraw
    * Preparing for ISO 17799 - Tom Peltier
    * Viruses, Hoaxes, Trojans, Worms, Where Will it End? - Bob Cartwright
    * Practical Forensics - Peter Garza
    * Hacking UNIX - Bob Geiger
    * 27th Annual Computer Security Conference, Attended:
    * Intrusion Techniques & Countermeasures - Rik Farrow
    * Implementing a Computer Incident Response Team - Peter Stephenson
    * 10 Other Security Classes
    * Formal Education:
    * Associates of Science Degree, Umpqua Community College, June 2001
    * High School Diploma, Umpqua Community College Adult HS Diploma Program, March 2001
    High school curriculum consisted of college preparation in math, reading, writing,
    humanities, music, social sciences, science, Hebrew, Latin, Greek, the study of
    the Great Books, and 2nd year college level computer course work in web page design,
    data communications, visual basic, C++, and networking. Approximately 50%
    of high school coursework has been at the College Credit (CC) level.
    Familiarity with...
    * Operating Systems: Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT, 2000; Novell NOS; Unix variants, OS/2,
    DOS, VMS OS
    * Languages: Perl, Basic, Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, JavaScript, DHTML, HTML, CGI
    implementation, ActiveX Implementation
    * Applications: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office Suite, Paint Shop Pro,
    Corel Suite, Maya 2.5, FrontPage, Dreamweaver, Ultraweaver, Homesite, TopStyle,
    Adobe (various), AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor, Filemaker Pro, Borland Programming
    Suite, Flash, Poser, Internet Space Builder, Retina, Nscan, Nmap, Visual Route,
    PGP, SATAN, SANTA, SAINT, L0phtcrack, Crack/John the Ripper/Derivatives, Iris, Notepad,
    Ultra Edit, SoftIce, among others.
    * Techniques: Firewall Configuration, Network/Server Security Analysis, HTTP/FTP/Telnet/IRC
    Server Configuration, LAN administration, Social Engineering, Intrusion
    Detection/Analysis, and Cryptography.
    Calm Like a BOMB

The same source also offers an explanation for the secrecy surrounding the case: the Secret Service, the source says, has offered to put the hacker to work, pleading him out to a single felony, then enlisting him to catch other computer criminals in the same manner in which he himself was caught. The source says that Jacobsen, facing the prospect of prison time, is favorably considering the offer.
    Now isn't this a motivating factor for those already considering illegal activities?
    Calm Like a BOMB