Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Bittorent Clients: which do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboy24 View Post
    dont recall any of u stating that u actually ue bitlord. i use bit lord and utorrent. what are the ill effects of using bitlord, if any?
    used bit lord for about a year never had any illeffects till i found out it was advertising version of bitcomet, so now i use bitcomet, did yall know there is an accelerator for it that works, see it here http://www.click-now.net/download/Bi...ccelerator.htm

Well I am using U-Torrent...its small, light, and quick....no problems whatsoever...my download speeds are on average 123 kb/s and my seeding upload speed is 22 kb/s.....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I use Azureus...Love it...
    Download speed i have seen 105KB/s but since this runs night and day it may be more
    Upload 45KB/s this is see as a constant...

But Utorrent sounds good, guess i will give it a try
    bored with too much to do

heres a little review of utorrent

Quote Originally Posted by taken from user on download.com
    Succeeds in mimicing Azureus interface, but fails in achieving its speeds.

05-Aug-2006 01:23:46 PM
    Reviewer: CableguyTK

Pros: Its free.

Its small (which is why its called MU, or Micro Torrent). Under 200KB.

No installation necessary. Download the program file here from Download.com and run it...you are now on your way to using BitTorrent.

It takes the best of the Azureus interface and adds it to the winner of an interface seen in BitComet.

Program comes with a BOATLOAD of options...it is VERY customizable.

Project has very active and easily-contactable admins/developers...you can make a bugreport or feature request and have it be dealt with easily.

X button in upper right of window defaults to minimizing to system tray.

Program comes with bandwidth throttling (also in Azureus). No one needs to be shelling out 100% of their upstream, especially me. uTorrent makes sure I can avoid that.

Comes with DHT.

Cons: While it does an excellent job in the interface department, mimicing the other top bittorrent clients (BitComet and Azureus) it fails in achieving the speeds of Azureus (which is the main torrent program which uTorrent strives to be...Azureus in C++ as I say). I find that I get ridiculous speeds on Azureus on HIGHLY seeded/leeched torrents. uTorrent on the other hand does not.

Torrents in uTorrent take a LOT longer to initialize than in Azureus. By this I mean it takes a longer time for uTorrent to start transmitting data/making connections than for Azureus. I have tested this many times.

It uses MainLine DHT. The DHT that Azureus uses is much better than Mainline DHT.

The claim that this is only one file is fine, but they fail to mention that the program creates a folder with backup info here: C--DocumentsAndSettings--[user]--ApplicationData--uTorrent. I Have about 500KB worth of stuff in there from saved torrents to DHT cache. And since there is no uninstaller since the program is just a single file, you would never know to remove this if you wanted to remove uTorrent. So just be aware.

Its a great piece of software for obtaining torrents, but in a world where speed dominates, uTorrent just doesnt match up to the download speeds one can obtain through using Azureus.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband View Post
    heres a little review of utorrent
    hhhmmmm I find this to be a based on one users opinion....because I have both clients Azureus and UTorrent......and the download speeds are basically the same for me...I see no difference in speeds....Azureus is a resource hog if you ask me..when compared to utorrent.....but anyways to each his own...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

uTorrent is the boss, from i started using it i have never went back..

i get crappy d/load speeds with utorrent, i assume it's the modem causing it.
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

i recently swicthed to vista rc1 and bitcomet does not work(it sas its downloading but when the file completes, its not in the folder its supposed to be saved in, it not anywhere, i did system searches) bittorrent downloads the files and saves them correctly but keeps showing a connection error every five minutes. any one know wha a gwaan?

i'm tryna figure out why my upload speeds so lame on utorrent, i aint got anything else using bandwidth but it's pretty slow, and DUmeter saying i'm uploading at 33kb/s

could some1 explain to me what a gwaan?
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.