Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Bittorent Clients: which do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    or more specifically bitcomet does not honor the private tracer options in the torrent file and still uses dht. its not becuase of dht. the client is not suppose to use dht if the private flag is set in the torrent, which means it should only connect to the tracers in the list provided by the torrent file.
    And that too

Its a real problem for private trackers cause imagine you setup your service for certain people to use THEN this one application cause the torrent to be spread worldwide.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    The reason BitComet was banned is cause of its use of DHT Network feature.

The problem is that whenu are on a site which has private torrents, if you load the torrent up in BitComet (OR any other Bit Torrent client using DHT Network), the private torrent now becomes PUBLIC cause DHT publishes the torrent to the DHT network users!

So, sites start to block Bitcomet. I use Bitcomet by default but on those private torrent sites i use uTorrent.

uTorrent is really good though...500K file, no install, ready to run.

I tried utorrent its pretty good but it crashes too much saying it has to make a dump.

Crashes?? Making a dump?? Never happen to me before....EVER.

uTorrent forum allows u to post the dump and they will deal with it for you.
    The troubleshooting section is here
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Ive tested and tried all of the clients available. Only two proved useful Azureus and uTorrent. However uTorrent took the lead. Its lightweight on resources and i get a more stabled download speed from it.

So uTorrent is my choice.
    Moving forward never back. That's my way of life.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Clattaclism View Post
    Ive tested and tried all of the clients available. Only two proved useful Azureus and uTorrent. However uTorrent took the lead. Its lightweight on resources and i get a more stabled download speed from it. So uTorrent is my choice.
    UTorrent all the way for me too ---> I like it better than all the others!
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

I use both of them but Utorrent seem to be the better however there are times when i get faster speed with Azureus while some times Utorrent is faster so i just keep both of them on my system.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

They say whats good for the Goose is Not always good for the Gander.
    I tried Bitlord although I was told to stay way from it and its very good; fast downloads. I even get a constant 23kbs down and sometimes 28kbs on my 256kbs/128kbs Dsl connection from C&W. I took down 1.06 gigabytes in about 3 days to 3 1/2 days.
    Good program and its not a memory hog, very light on your system.

I tried Azureus and uTorrent both of them are good but utorrent takes the lead doesnt hog your memory and works great
    Phoqry

dont recall any of u stating that u actually ue bitlord. i use bit lord and utorrent. what are the ill effects of using bitlord, if any?

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

i tried Azureus and bitcommet