Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New iPod "Shuffle"

Default Re: New iPod "Shuffle"

Looks kool and everything but i not sure if i would buy one. $150 for a gig

Better mi buy i 40g external hdd for the same amount.

I don't think I'd got for the 1GB model. But the 512, yeah I would. Only because its cheap though. It would make a nice gift though. Too bad my girlfriend doens't use tech Jamaica
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

I think Apple is cheap with features, there are other flash-memory Mp3 players on the market that offers much more features and for the less.

Take for example the Sandisk 1GB Mp3 player

Voice Recorder with built-in microphone
    Digital FM tuner with 20 preset stations
    Integrated LCD
    AAA Alkaline Battery (1 battery for 15hrs) - rechargeable
    Carrying case with armband

Now that's what I would call a really good MP3 player.
    Last edited by zandex; Jan 12, 2005 at 08:11 AM.
    Be what's next!

Cut them some slack. Remember, Apple has avoided the low end market in the past. This is their first venture in. So they have much to learn.

Additionally, Apple has a reputation of keeping things simple. Waaayy simple. So they set out to make a small, cheap MP3 players. And thats what they did. The people who will but this device aren't techies like you or I. They are people who want a cheap, simple way to listent omusic on the go. Most of those that this device is aimed at won't care for a voice recorder or the like. But I'll give you the FM Tuner bit. It wouldn't hurt. And they could have added a screen. But, as I said this is new to them.

Talking Re: New iPod "Shuffle"

Apple's iPod shuffle disclaimer for dummies:
    "Do not eat iPod shuffle."

Is this a sign of the stupidity of the American public or the fact that they will sue for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by pradere
    Apple's iPod shuffle disclaimer for dummies:
    "Do not eat iPod shuffle."

Is this a sign of the stupidity of the American public or the fact that they will sue for anything?
    LOL. It pays to read fine print. You get a good laugh. I think it's Apple blowing their own horn: so delicious looking you might be tempted to eat it?

Exclamation Re: New iPod "Shuffle"

Quote Originally Posted by nder
    I think it's Apple blowing their own horn: so delicious looking you might be tempted to eat it?
    It's probably more to do with the text above saying
    "iPod shuffle makes syncing a piece of cake. Cupcake, even."

I guess they're covering themselves in case some dim-wit doesn't get it. Just think of some idiot thinking "The amazing iPod shuffle, turns to cake when inserted into your USB drive!"

Having read the whole page now, actually to do with them comparing it to a pack of chewing gum, "Smaller than a pack of gum & much more fun*"
    Last edited by pradere; Jan 12, 2005 at 04:55 PM.

I didn't see that bit about cake. I think youre right then. Apple is practicing CYA (cover your, um, rear)

yup its an expensive flash drive with head phone jack thats about it. not saying that it isn't cool but it still expensive.

has anyone watched the entire keynote address or done ANY market research? I know I'm an Apple activist, but let's be fair.. ANYONE please list the MP3 players currently on the market for $99 THAT YOU WOULD BUY.. and compare sie and features.

Secondly.. realize that Apple has created a market for others by leaving addon development OUTSIDE of it's spectrum... so there'll be LOADS of 20 add-ons soon enough... and to be honest.. i prefer it that way.. that way i don't end up paying for something I won't use

Thirdly.. remember Apple is still a COMPUTER company... that's their goal.. sell more Macs.. so this is leverage

I checked out the Sandisk player.. it's pretty kool.. and I think I can see how they fit all that in and why apple wouldn't be able to do that.. the HUGE diff is the USB connector.. Apple's iPod Shuffle has a male standard USB connector which is a nearly third of the total size.. if it were afemale 4 or pin USB connector like the sandisk they'd have more space for LCD and radio etc... but then that would affect point 2 above... (and the Sandisks are 50 bucks more expensive at each size)

by the way.. peeps can pre-order from sales**at**digisolvit***dot***com
    The sword of the Spirit is a mighty 2-edged blade || Re-arranging my life for Christ!