Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check out the Bugatti Veyron in Forza 3

We will see. But I expect both to sell really well. The fact that GT5 has Nascar races guarantees its success in North America. Will lead to a few more playstations being sold as well.

Either way 360 owners and PS 3 owners will be happy.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    We will see. But I expect both to sell really well. The fact that GT5 has Nascar races guarantees its success in North America. Will lead to a few more playstations being sold as well.

Either way 360 owners and PS 3 owners will be happy.
    Well said and without a doubt GT5 will sell like hot bread, in fact I predict it will outsell Forza 3 but I honestly think that when both games are broken down and fanboyism removed from the minds of those comparing Forza will be king.

I think I am gonna start a comparison thread highlighting the differences and similarities and show why I came to this conclusion.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    Well said and without a doubt GT5 will sell like hot bread, in fact I predict it will outsell Forza 3 but I honestly think that when both games are broken down and fanboyism removed from the minds of those comparing Forza will be king.

I think I am gonna start a comparison thread highlighting the differences and similarities and show why I came to this conclusion.
    If it outsells forza... how does forza become the definitive sim racer? I thought you were saying forza would sell more but I guess what u are getting at is even more illogical than that.

The fact that forza is still just the same type of racer as forza 2 and 1 pretty much makes it BS. GT5 has been expanding since gt3 (with rally racing) to now include rally and Nascar along with the type of racing that is in forza. It has ~ 2 times more cars and generally more detail as a whole than forza. How many discs will forza come on? GT5 has 25GB minimum to work with so i hope forza is coming on more than 1 disc cause that simply makes it impossible to match GT5. Or are you saying GT5 racing physics will be so bad that the massive amount of content for motorheads would not make it better than forza? How can Forza be considered anything at all except "the only thing exclusive 360 owners can hope for"?

It would be great if you post what you read that drew you to that conclusion, also keep in mind that if GT5 does sell more than forza 3 its more than just an *** whooping since there are fewer ps3 owners than 360 owners

EDIT: forza 3 is on 2 discs most likely, one for the game and another with content to be downloaded on the HDD.... If you have the 200$ 360 that supposedly qualifies the 360 as being cheaper than the ps3 you will not be able to play the game with access to all the content (maps and cars or more).
    Last edited by semitop; Sep 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Come on semitop, are you telling me that sales is what you will use to determine which game is better?

So I guess we should just say that the Wii is the best console ever made simply on the basis of sales, or that Gears of Wars is better than 99.99% of all PS3 games ever made simply because it has sold more.. ohh better yet we can end this dispute about PSN vs XBL simply on the basis that XBL more than triples PSN.

The reasons why I think GT5 will outsell Forza are:

1) GT5 has been shown at over 4 E3 conferences, yes that is how long people have been waiting on this game
    2) Unlike on the X360, what other simulation racing titles are available on the PS3 to deter from sales
    3) Gran Turismo is a brand name and people will buy it for that simple reason, I preordered the game from Amazon without even knowing the official release date, do you think I am alone in doing this? People will buy GT5 solely for the name.

Your comments about Forza 3 tell me that you know nothing about the game, you have spent so much time drooling over GT and writing off Forza because it is on the wrong console that you dont know what it has to offer and I think it is a waste of time to try to convince you guys otherwise.

When both games are released we will meet and race, I just hope I will stick to GT longer than I did GT5P
    Last edited by seanbee20; Sep 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM.
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    If it outsells forza... how does forza become the definitive sim racer? I thought you were saying forza would sell more but I guess what u are getting at is even more illogical than that.

The fact that forza is still just the same type of racer as forza 2 and 1 pretty much makes it BS. GT5 has been expanding since gt3 (with rally racing) to now include rally and Nascar along with the type of racing that is in forza. It has ~ 2 times more cars and generally more detail as a whole than forza. How many discs will forza come on? GT5 has 25GB minimum to work with so i hope forza is coming on more than 1 disc cause that simply makes it impossible to match GT5. Or are you saying GT5 racing physics will be so bad that the massive amount of content for motorheads would not make it better than forza? How can Forza be considered anything at all except "the only thing exclusive 360 owners can hope for"?

It would be great if you post what you read that drew you to that conclusion, also keep in mind that if GT5 does sell more than forza 3 its more than just an *** whooping since there are fewer ps3 owners than 360 owners

EDIT: forza 3 is on 2 discs most likely, one for the game and another with content to be downloaded on the HDD.... If you have the 200$ 360 that supposedly qualifies the 360 as being cheaper than the ps3 you will not be able to play the game with access to all the content (maps and cars or more).
    what does disc space have to do with thisI rememebr this same talk from kojima about disc space lol, and 25GB for disc and you still gonna need 3-4GB of hdd space on a ps3.
    you cant use disc space to compare games. forza 2 will be on 2 disc.

glad I dont have to wait until next summer to play a racing sim

1) GT5 has been shown at over 4 E3 conferences, yes that is how long people have been waiting on this game
    WTF!!!
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Come on semitop, are you telling me that sales is what you will use to determine which game is better?

So I guess we should just say that the Wii is the best console ever made simply on the basis of sales, or that Gears of Wars is better than 99.99% of all PS3 games ever made simply because it has sold more.. ohh better yet we can end this dispute about PSN vs XBL simply on the basis that XBL more than triples PSN.

The reasons why I think GT5 will outsell Forza are:

2) Unlike on the X360, what other simulation racing titles are available on the PS3 to deter from sales
    3) Gran Turismo is a brand name and people will buy it for that simple reason, I preordered the game from Amazon without even knowing the official release date, do you think I am alone in doing this? People will buy GT5 solely for the name.

I don't think it even makes sense debating with some of you guys, I am a realist and being realist makes me illogical but determining a winner solely on the basis of sales makes you what?
    1) people are tired of waiting for it
    2) what other sims are on the 360 alone that are worth mentioning? None has ever come into this argument about forza and gt5, i never see pgr vs gt5 etc
    3) Forza is all the numerous crazed 360 noobs know so for them its as big as GT5 (hence the argument). GT did not become a brand name because it sucked; there is some merit to people buying it for the name because they know it wont be anything but great. If GT5 gets bad reviews you think brand name will save it? You preordered it because you knew it would probably be the best sim racer for the time.

The wii appeals to a demographic that outnumbers the current consoles. By that logic anyway, the ps2 IS the best console ever made.

Gears of War is on the 360, and has no equivalent on the ps3 (I personally think its a stupid game but maybe its just because of the corny cutscenes why i think that). It also is on a console with a larger install base and is one of THE most hyped games on that console. It appeals to the underaged shotgun winners that plague the system and has nothing to do with what sells on the ps3.

GT5 is tied to a console that has fewer users supposedly and fewer still who are interested in sim racing. If it outsells forza I'd be inclined to think its better than forza 3, especially since there is currently no reason to think otherwise.

XBL is better than PSN, its not MUCH better than PSN. The number of persons on each is of no concern because once you buy a console where else you gonna go? Use xbl on your ps3? Directly tied to console sales...

Again there is the over lap between console ownership and also exclusive console ownership to take into account. People will just buy what their console offers and the real difference will be in those who have both consoles but only cash for 1 of the games (might just go with gt5 and pirate forza instead or just buy 1 and pirate none). We just have to wait for detailed reviews to find out really.
    Last edited by semitop; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    1) people are tired of waiting for it
    2) what other sims are on the 360 alone worth that are worth mentioning? None has ever come into this argument about forza and gt5, i never see pgr vs gt5 etc
    3) Forza is all the numerous crazed 360 noobs know so for them its as big as GT5 (hence the argument). GT did not become a brand name because it sucked; there is some merit to people buying it for the name because they know it wont be anything but great. If GT5 gets bad reviews you think brand name will save it? You preordered it because you knew it would probably be the best sim racer for the time.

The wii appeals to a demographic that outnumbers the current consoles. By that logic anyway, the ps2 IS the best console ever made.

Gears of War is on the 360, and has no equivalent on the ps3 (I personally think its a stupid game but maybe its just because of the corny cutscenes why i think that). It also is on a console with a larger install base and is one of THE most hyped games on that console. It appeals to the underaged shotgun winners that plague the system and has nothing to do with what sells on the ps3.

GT5 is tied to a console that has fewer users supposedly and fewer still who are interested in sim racing. If it outsells forza I'd be inclined to think its better than forza 3, especially since there is currently no reason to think otherwise.

XBL is better than PSN, its not MUCH better than PSN. The number of persons on each is of no concern because once you buy a console where else you gonna go? Use xbl on your ps3? Directly tied to console sales...

Again there is the over lap between console ownership and also exclusive console ownership to take into account. People will just buy what their console offers and the real difference will be in those who have both consoles but only cash for 1 of the games (might just go with gt5 and pirate forza instead or just buy 1 and pirate none). We just have to wait for detailed reviews to find out really.
    i play pgr and most other people I know. pgr is more popular than you think
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Other simulation titles playable on the X360. Forza 2 which will still compete with Forza 3 and GT5, Race Pro. I have listed 2, now you name me one on the PS3.

I agree with you that GT became a brand name because of how good it was but being theh fanboy that you are, you are saying that Forza became popular because it is all that the 360 noobs had, bwoy your inability to give credit where credit is due amazes me.

PS3 has no equivalent to Gears of Wars? Wow I don't know how true this statement is cause all GOW is, is a simply a third person shooter but I guess this just shows the quality of games on the PS3 but I think you are talking garbage here still cause I am pretty sure the PS3 MUST have a TPS, maybe none that can be compared to GOW because they are lame but some must exist.

Anyway once again I have proven to myself that logical thinking in the gaming section of techja is clouded by stupid loyalty to a console.

We may also be a bit too jumpy to compare Forza 3 with GT5, based on history we might end up comparing Forza 5 to GT5.
    Last edited by seanbee20; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM.