Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curve 8520 vs Curve 8900 (Javelin)

What them call affordable? Digicel don't know the meaning a the word. But seriously heard the 8520 a sell dirt cheap a england!
    Phone:Blackberry 8310
    O.S:v4.5.0.124 PIN: 251F3E9E
    Network: Digicel
    Number:18764**4212

Quote Originally Posted by muga View Post
    What them call affordable? Digicel don't know the meaning a the word. But seriously heard the 8520 a sell dirt cheap a england!
    LOL I'll have a look and see what some of the offers are on it and let you guys know!

As for me I had the choice of the 8900 and the Bold and went for the 8900. It fits my small hands much better! No intention of getting rid of this gorgeous baby!
    Blackberry 8900 PIN - 25839f4b

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeatz View Post
    how can you even compare the two, the 8900 way outclasses this stupid 8520. The 8520 is a low end blackberry device...just look at the specs
    I agree. The reality is that the Gemini 8520 has nothing on the Javelin except the touch pad if that wasn't there a simple 8320 could rival that low end Blackberry anyday
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I feel you all are missing the point. Personally I believe the 8520 was specially meant to replace the older units like the 8700 and the 8320. You also need to remember that the specifications of some of these units given (and also handicapped) by cellular providers (for thier financial gain). You must also respect that there are those who genuinely don't need the extra feaures found in the 8900 series. It's the same way you can't truly compare the 8320 (with WiFi and camera) to the older (indestructibe & stable) 8700 which consistently did the same tasks minus that extra un-necessary garbage.

In my opinion, GPS in Jamaica hasn't reached 'first world standards', so I can't understand the hype over an 'unfinished product'.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I feel you all are missing the point. Personally I believe the 8520 was specially meant to replace the older units like the 8700 and the 8320. You also need to remember that the specifications of some of these units given (and also handicapped) by cellular providers (for thier financial gain). You must also respect that there are those who genuinely don't need the extra feaures found in the 8900 series. It's the same way you can't truly compare the 8320 (with WiFi and camera) to the older (indestructibe & stable) 8700 which consistently did the same tasks minus that extra un-necessary garbage.

In my opinion, GPS in Jamaica hasn't reached 'first world standards', so I can't understand the hype over an 'unfinished product'.
    Good points I must say....I guess it is all based on what you desire in you Blackberry and as such you spend based on your needs as some require high end while others require low end berries. Personally I would never buy a 8520 Curve as the is graphics sub par plus it seems more like a 8700 replacement rather than a 8320 BB replacement as the 8900 already has that ground fully covered
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    it seems more like a 8700 replacement rather than a 8320 BB replacement
    What's so good about the 8320? It didn't do anything revolutionary over its predecessors.

I'll leave the feminine-looking 8900 for chicks to use. I on the other hand eagerly wait the 9700. Unlike the bold, that's what I call a real phone.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

8900. there are issues with the optical track ball.

We know the trackpad doesn't well under bright light (such as sunlight) and using the unit with wet hands. What I just couldn't understand is why do the regular track balls wear down so quickly (on the rollers) after weeks of use? Cleaning the trackball, doesn't restore its (previously) rough surface. This is why I had chosen to stick with my reliable scroll-wheel
    HTML Code:

Dunno bout u guys, but gps help mi out few times, I took a back road goin to mdvl the other day and came on a fork, asked my wife who had my BB which way and she said she didn't know (she not skill on map reading), I took the phone from her, took a quick look and selected the correct direction b4 I reached the fork. Also used it to navigate thru mdvl.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Now that you mention it, I now need GPS to find somewhere in Mona too as I don't have access to computer on the road and need to fid the place within the next few minutes.
    HTML Code: