Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDD access denied...important!

Exclamation HDD access denied...important!

ok so originally my computer was working fine...during the day...
    later on i tried to turn it on and vista's loading bar would come up and then where the login screen should be would now turn black then flash and my cursor appears and nothing else happens from there...
    so now my computer wont boot apparently...
    so i used my vista cd to install vista on my recovery partition of my hdd (10 gigs) so i could access my files...and copy them n then wipe the whole thing clean. but no....if i try to open D:\ of my hdd it says access denied....
    i need a program which would be able to bypass that block.
    and the permission thing doesn't work.
    i jus want some files before i wipe...
    please help
    ·÷±‡±[ΞЖþêřŦ §øü£jåh]±‡±÷·

What permission thing have you tried?...the one you say doesn't work.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

I think he is referring to the permission settings in file & folder security zRo.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

You installed it on your recovery partition? That wasn't smart.........If your recovery partition has on recovery data then you probably just ensured that the machine cannot go back to factory. May have to edit your boot.ini to get that back. Anyways.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/

Those should help. Vista has that issue at times.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I think by "recovery partition" he means one that he created himself for emergency purposes. If you use a live cd such as ubuntu you should be able to access and copy your files to the 10gig partition.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I think he is referring to the permission settings in file & folder security zRo.
    I won't assume - that's why i want the person to say it clearly cause it makes it hard to help if we can't be sure what they tried already.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Was the disk a Basic or Dynamic one?
    AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2Ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | XFX Radeon 6850| 19" Acer AL1916W | Western Digital Raptor 160GB 10,000RPM 16MB | 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | 1 x SAMSUNG 750GB | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | Cooler Master Extreme 2 525 | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 THX 500Watts

Yung_Jah Guest

Do u mean u r seeing D:/ is not accessible?

You can also go into safe mode on the working HDD....and right click on the drive and choose properties...go to the security tab then advanced and chose to replace owner right (something similar to that)....

But try using the Live CD as suggested.
    Last edited by Yung_Jah; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM.

wow im so annoyed...it was a simple fix...i just turned user account control off and got access.......
    then i made another 10 gig partition to my hdd copied the files....and formatted the other 2 partitions (the main n recovery)...reinstalled vista n recopied my files to the main n formatted n deleted the newly made partition then jus re-extended my main...its all fixed now...by myself...saved me some cash.
    but thanx neways
    ·÷±‡±[ΞЖþêřŦ §øü£jåh]±‡±÷·

Glad to know problem solved, but simple??