Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia's First Laptop noice

wow really cool

think i heard about this

If it had s lightly bigger screen and a beefier processor, I would trade in my HP for one of these. It looks cool. Now I think I understand why Apple fans are so caught up on its designs, cuz Nokia really peak my interest with this lappy.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Beefier processor? For Netbooks there is nothing higher than the Atom Processor at this point in time or at least to my knowledge and for a larger screen maybe the new 11" models would be better for you.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2 View Post
    love it... if its priced right, will be my netbook of choice
    ha haa the bold doesn't quite go together IMHO

because:
    Pricing for Nokia’s Booklet 3G is so far unconfirmed by the Finnish company themselves, but according to sources speaking to NetbookNews it’s likely to be a $799 device. As for the specific Atom processor Nokia are using, that’s tipped to be the Z530, a 1.6GHz chip with 512MB cache and a 533MHz FSB, likely putting it on a rough par with today’s Atom N270 netbooks.
    more:
    What still seems unlikely are Nokia’s claims of 12hr battery life. While the company is yet to confirm what sort of power pack is lurking inside the aluminum casing, the 1.25kg weight and plethora of wireless connectivity options – including WiFi draft-n, 3G UMTS, Bluetooth and GPS – would seem to discount the exceptionally large battery that you’d presumably require to leave more than a couple of those radios switched on and yet still get anywhere close to that level of runtime.
    and more: SlashGear

Who in there left mind would purchase a Netbook for USD800 certainly not I and the the 12 battery life is possible because Asus top Eee PC is capable of 11 hrs battery life of course that still depends on what you may running.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Looks slick. Like the 12hours battery life.

People please keep in mind this is a NETBOOK not a LAPTOP.

The thread TITLE needs to be changed...wth is noice?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

12 Hour Battery life....LOL funny thing dem gonna fool alot of people! trust me max hour you can get is probably 4. these people should stop lieing you cant even get 12 hours when the computer gone to sleep it look nice still!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

I was gonna wait till the dual core netbooks come out before I get one, but I'm just all tingly inside after looking at the specs on that "booklet". 12 hours?!?! Holy crap.
    My Speakers Can't Live If The SubWoofer Doesn't Breathe -Gary Lawrence
    http://www.youtube.com/GaryLawrence0
    http://www.reverbnation.com/garylawrence
    http://www.online.com.jm

If the price is right, I'd buy that.

EDIT::
    There already are dual core Netbooks, btw. They use dual core Atom CPUs...
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix