Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia's First Laptop noice

Default Nokia's First Laptop noice

Yes. You read right.

Nokia rocked the world this morning by introducing its spin on the laptop, called the Booklet 3G. If you're the rude sort (like us) you could call it a fancy netbook, what with its Atom processor and 10.1-inch display, but that screen is higher res than your average Eee, and it also sports integrated 3G wireless and a hot-swappable SIM card, so it's definitely trying to define its own niche. It looks to be running Windows 7, which isn't particularly netbooky, and also has integrated A-GPS with a copy of Ovi Maps, HDMI output, a rated 12 hour battery life, and the usual Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, all in a 2cm (.78 inch), 2.7lb aluminum body that's understated, sophisticated, and should make most Nokia fans very happy -- Nokia fans who are looking for a tiny laptop, anyway. There's a fancy promotional video after the break, and while we don't have any anticipated release date or price just yet, we'll be learning more at Nokia World 09 on September 2. We promise not to make too many Foleo references.

vid:

Looks nice I'll wait to see how the reviews on it turn out and also what the critics think about it but it does look like a nice Netbook, I really don't know why the person who wrote the article is referring to it as a Laptop.
    Last edited by Anubis; Aug 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

nokia a go hard looks decent still.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

Yeah it does look nice but as stated I'm waiting on the reviews and also the price 12 hours battery life that like what a 12 cell battery the little bastards aren't cheap.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

bwoy, this does sounds great but as mention I'll wait for the reviews and critics
    "Smartphones, the World in a Small Package"

Not bad, but I'll stick with the Toshiba line-up for now.
    Last edited by Technoboy; Aug 24, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Netbook with SIM huh? Hot swappable SIMs too. Nice. The gap between smartphones and portable computers continue to narrow...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Now if it indeed supports US 3G then that would be wonderful...I could use Claro/LIME SIM for even more connectivity when out and about coupled with WiFi.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Now if it indeed supports US 3G then that would be wonderful...I could use Claro/LIME SIM for even more connectivity when out and about coupled with WiFi.
    ah same ting came to mind it wud definitely be one to watch 1st and see how it goes based on reviews

love it... if its priced right, will be my netbook of choice
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.