Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How well do you know your keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    I need one of these. I know the position of the keys, and can type pretty fast. Problem is, I always look at the keyboard; the going's too slow when I don't. Even thought of putting my keyboard in a scandal bag once...
    Scandal Bag? LOL. Just try to focus and continue to type slow without looking at the keys. You will gradually get faster each time.

Scandal Bag? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
    Which keys do you all use as your anchor keys? I use ASDF HJKL. Both thumbs on the space bar.

Probably different from anyone else on here. Those keys are the anchor keys for telegraphists and Morse operators, according to the training I received.

Only problem is that the Enter key is a long way to the right. Whereas when I was learning, you had to lift your left hand and physically return the typewriter carriage all the way to the right.

Anyone who uses ASDF JKL; as their anchor keys probably grew up in a computer environment rather than typewriter. For computer use, the right hand seems to have moved over to be closer to the Enter key.
    I use ASDF JKL; Its right hand is not too far away from the enter key. Its amazing that sometimes it seems as if my fingers are typing and i'm not. Sometimes they type and I cant even read fast enough to keep up. lol
    Last edited by Aldayne; Aug 24, 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

I'd buy one of these, dont look at my keyboard to type but it would give visitors who want to use my computer and dont know the keyboard a warm time, plus it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
    Which keys do you all use as your anchor keys? I use ASDF HJKL. Both thumbs on the space bar.

Probably different from anyone else on here. Those keys are the anchor keys for telegraphists and Morse operators, according to the training I received.

Only problem is that the Enter key is a long way to the right. Whereas when I was learning, you had to lift your left hand and physically return the typewriter carriage all the way to the right.

Anyone who uses ASDF JKL; as their anchor keys probably grew up in a computer environment rather than typewriter. For computer use, the right hand seems to have moved over to be closer to the Enter key.
    Doubt you'll have much company for your home keys, most of us who use home keys will use the computer style, even the keyboards have f and j marked for our index fingers so we can find them without looking down.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Just buy can of spray paint and paint your keys black!

Quote Originally Posted by M20 View Post
    Just buy can of spray paint and paint your keys black!
    I'd rather scratch the letters off
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

The person who actually inspired me to learn to type fast was skillachi. When me and him in computer class at high school (2001), 40wpm was the standard for CXC, and wen i see seh i was doin bout 55 on mavis beacom mi seh mi skill. them mi see skillachi type 118wpm...without looking at the keyboard...and with about 97% accuracy, the whole class was in shock and awe. We asked him to do it again and he went up to 120+wpm.

I asked him wat was his secret...and him tell me dat him just bun nuff computer game. From that day onward...mi bun computer game day in and day out and is one day mi a type pan msn and mi bredrin see mi a type out hell and naa look pan the keyboard and is so mi realize seh mi get skill. I did a typin test few months ago and i am doing well over 120wpm now still (dnt remember the exact score).

I guess i shared this story to give people and alternative method of learning how to type fast, cuz I dont use that home key thing.
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

i'm lacking in that department. i can type 100wpm, but i'd have to look at the keyboard.

i can proBably go 60 w/o looking at the keyboard. just blasted lazy why me cyaan do better......... dont really type much.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........