Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How well do you know your keyboard?

Default How well do you know your keyboard?

Keyboard with a challenge

Das Keyboard Ultimate is an enhanced 104 key USB PC keyboard equipped with 100% blank keys mounted on gold-plated and clicky high-end mechanical key switches. Not as elite a typist as you want to be? Not a problem. Das Keyboard Ultimate can teach you to type exponentially faster in just a couple of weeks. Since there are no letters to look at when typing, your brain is forced to memorize the key positions. Slower typers almost double their speed and fast typers become über fast! Built to outlast your typing career, Das Keyboard will provide a long life of comfortable, awe-inspiring typing. Give your old keyboard Das Boot with Das Keyboard, and remain Das Elite.

We type without looking on keyboard. That would be easy.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

That's pretty cool. Useless for me, since I only look at the keyboard to make sure my fingers are in the right position before typing, but still, a pretty good idea.
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

"The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Guess i will be another one to brag that i already type without looking at the keyboard...pretty fast too ^_~
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

That is only for people who don't have the discipline to just not look on the keyboard and try to learn the keys I know some persons who learned to type by means of programs e.g. Mavis Beacon personally I learned to type fast way back in the days due to msn & yahoo messengers and chat rooms that gave me a lot of practice and also forced me to keep up.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post

figured dis wud reach me

Well my desktop keyboard almost looked like that. The days of street fighter and mortal combat and all the MAME combatible games. One day my mom wanted to use my computer to types a document. She then complained that she couldnt use it. I didnt even realize that the markings were erased and I had been using it for years.

I had a problem with lights on while I use the computer but I had to keep it on to see the keys. So I decided to learn to type so that I could keep the lights off. Took me two days. Mavis Beacon. DOS version. lol.

I need one of these. I know the position of the keys, and can type pretty fast. Problem is, I always look at the keyboard; the going's too slow when I don't. Even thought of putting my keyboard in a scandal bag once...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Which keys do you all use as your anchor keys? I use ASDF HJKL. Both thumbs on the space bar.

Probably different from anyone else on here. Those keys are the anchor keys for telegraphists and Morse operators, according to the training I received.

Only problem is that the Enter key is a long way to the right. Whereas when I was learning, you had to lift your left hand and physically return the typewriter carriage all the way to the right.

Anyone who uses ASDF JKL; as their anchor keys probably grew up in a computer environment rather than typewriter. For computer use, the right hand seems to have moved over to be closer to the Enter key.
    Last edited by Pothole; Aug 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM.