Thread: Mission Impossible: Sourcing American versions of phones

Default Mission Impossible: Sourcing American versions of phones

A lot of cell phones supposedly have American variants.

Seriously?

Who sells these things? Acquiring an unlocked American version of a cell phone is almost unheard of...

So how unlocking work now ...

3ngor... are you for real? Don't you realize that most of the high end 3G phones such as smartphones sold by Claro and Lime do work on the American frequency here in Jamaica. All the smartphones that I have purchased here in Jamaica are 3G and they all work perfectly well here and in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jamdoc45 View Post
    3ngor... are you for real? Don't you realize that most of the high end 3G phones such as smartphones sold by Claro and Lime do work on the American frequency here in Jamaica. All the smartphones that I have purchased here in Jamaica are 3G and they all work perfectly well here and in the US.
    wat. wat'd i do?

So I guess you've just confirmed fo me that the 3G capable phones being sold out here are indeed the American version?

are you on steroids any who next time you feel the need to talk google it okay
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Quote Originally Posted by justblaze View Post
    are you on steroids any who next time you feel the need to talk google it okay
    Obviously you lack comprehension of what I'm asking

Quote Originally Posted by 3ngor View Post
    wat. wat'd i do?

So I guess you've just confirmed fo me that the 3G capable phones being sold out here are indeed the American version?
    mobile companies sell mobile phones doesnt matter if they 3g or not digicel was selling nokia N73 way b4 any mobile company in jamaica offered 3g service and they still dont provide that service

whenever ur going to purchase a 3g phone from any company make sure u research the device b4 just buying it also u shud confirm what ur buying yes ur buyin a 3g device but is it compatible on their network
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    yes ur buyin a 3g device but is it compatible on their network
    Yeah that's ma query most times when you buy an unlocked phone (international version) it will not have the 850MHz frequency utilized in Jamaica. To get that frequency you'd hafto source the unlocked American version of the phone...or I guess you could always go in AT&T...and then unlock...