Thread: iPhone explodes, shards fly

Default iPhone explodes, shards fly

French iPhone explodes mid-call, glass screen sent flying

Do more Apple gadgets explode than those of any other manufacturer, or do we just hear about them more? Either way, the latest iPhone to go fizz-pop-bang is in France, where a teenager’s handset began “hissing” before the screen shattered sending glass “flying in the air”. “The iPhone was 30 centimetres away from my face when I felt like I received a grain of sand in my eye. It could only be a piece of glass” user Romain Koleda told reporters, while his mother is considering taking legal action against Apple. It’s unclear what model of iPhone was affected, though going by the picture it is either an iPhone 3G or a newer 3GS.

Apple France have not yet commented on the situation, despite requests from French news agencies. However Apple technical support told France24 that “some clients told us their batteries could get really hot on the 3GS model, and we’ve replaced a few products. But we’ve never heard of an iPhone that exploded.”

wow
    I was expecting this to happen some day

Default I call this story: FAKE

I say that this is IMPOSSIBLE.
    iPhones drop (from 2 story buildings) all the time and the screen still functions.
    The likelyhood of the battery exploding (at random) can't be possibly any greater than any other phone. even if it did, I'm sure the screen would have simply been slightly displaced (and not severly shattered as diplayed in that PHOTOSHOP'd photo) (IMHO).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread