Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Elite 360 Dropping In Price, RIP Pro Model

Default Xbox 360 Elite In White In Wild, Pro SKU Missing

Can't say we're all that surprised given other sightings, but one anonymous tipster has sent us pics from a local Best Buy of the 120GB Xbox 360 Elite in a shiny white package with a back-of-box chart that neglects to mention the Pro models, essentially striking it from the records.
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/23/x...ku-missing-on/
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Thats funny though. They go from arcade to elite... where is the middle ground? Should have renamed it I think and they need to have a new arcade system with 20GB HDD. maybe then they would be of some value vs ps3
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    when stuff dont sell it goes on clearance then discontinued and sent back. has nothing to do with currency when it comes to walmart. they were selling arcades for $100, elite has been for $348 and pro has been for $297 for months now and now arcade prices have gone up since yesterday I dont know why. Currency has nothing to do with that.

it makes no sense making a list to a post like this
    The arcade price went back to MSRP, because it was being discounted before selling at the $197 you quoted.

And you can just say you don't have anything to say why XBL is more awesome cause the more you stretch the argument with some lame excuse like that the more obvious the answer is.

I am with pezz on this which is why I ignored the earlier questions about addictive features. I don't think I need to comprise any list trying to convince anyone why a particular thing is better than the other, I will leave that for M$ and Sony marketing team who are getting paid for these things. Frankly I don't care which one is perceived better by anyone, I know what is best for me and I know my own preferences and unlike others I make my own judgments and owning both the PS3 and the X360 again my personal opinion is PSN is not even in the same category as Xbox live; they shouldn't be mentioned together, do I need to make a list to substantiate this? Maybe I will one day when M$ starts paying me, until then you guys can get take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    I am with pezz on this which is why I ignored the earlier questions about addictive features. I don't think I need to comprise any list trying to convince anyone why a particular thing is better than the other, I will leave that for M$ and Sony marketing team who are getting paid for these things. Frankly I don't care which one is perceived better by anyone, I know what is best for me and I know my own preferences and unlike others I make my own judgments and owning both the PS3 and the X360 again my personal opinion is PSN is not even in the same category as Xbox live; they shouldn't be mentioned together, do I need to make a list to substantiate this? Maybe I will one day when M$ starts paying me, until then you guys can get take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Rubbish. Simply stop saying that psn is not anywhere near as good as xbl then. You cant just go around making claims and saying you dont have to support them because you dont work for the company involved. Thats a cop out.

I am curious as hell to see what the difference is but its obviously too hard for you guys to even name ONE thing.

Did some searching and found this thread

Straight from my blog

"Ive seen this asked over and over on this site, so since i own both, i decided to list a few. But to fully understand, you have to experience it for yourself. So take this list, find a friend with a 360, and see for yourself.

1- cross game chat -this is more than it sounds. not only can you chat accross different games, but you can seamlessly create a party while in game, and switch from friends only chat, to chatting with people online, all without leaving the game

2- Custom soundtracks- this is the most misunderstood by fanboys. This feature is built into every game, and is built on the LIVE software that MS created. Meaning when i play a custom soundtrack on 360 (whether its from the hard drive, pc, or MP3 player) the game music, and ONLY the game music, stops playing. This doesnt happen with PS3. On 360, it only plays the sound effects and ambient sounds in the game, allowing me to hear my song. PS3 just plays the music (only dev supported) over my game sound.

3-In game access to everything- this is another misunderstood feature. With 360, if im playing a game, and i want to.....say play netflix. i dont have to go to the dashboard first, all i do is press the guide button, and click netflix. It stops my game and immediately plays. Or if im playing........say mass effect, and i wanna play Jade Empire that i downloaded. Same thing, just press the guide, and scroll to downloaded games. Its is nowhere NEAR as easy on PS3

4- Trueskill Ranking system- I cant count how many times i was playing warhawk when i first got it, and got beat like a runaway slave until i got the hang of it. Imagine going to the gym to play basketball, and everyday you had to play against Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq!! Trueskill tracks your accomplishments ingame, and matches you with people on your level, making sure every experience is fair, and fun.

5 Intergration- Kinda speaks for itself. Basically my friends list follows me through every game. im even notified if a friend is playing the same game as me, and allows me to join the right then, no lobbies, menus, or anything. I can also check my achievements, friends achievements, and the profiles of the last 40 people ive played online at anytime, whether im watching a movie, netflix, playing a game, or whatever.

6-Cross game invites- no matter what im doing, i can invite a player to my game with the press of a button. No need to type a message like on PS3. I can also record voice messages to send to anyone ingame.

7-Server based system- the myth going on is that LIVE doesnt have dedicated servers. While this is mostly true, what people fail to realize is that EVERYTHING Live related IS kept on servers, servers that MS maintains. My friends lists, achievements (even my achievement progress), games played, and even my LOCATION or MODE in the game is tracked and displayed to my friends. Meaning i can check my friends profile (ingame if i choose) and see what area hes cruising in GTA iv, or the score in madden or NFL nk9, or the mode, map, and score in Halo 3.

There are many more, but like i said, go experience it for yourself. "
    PSN has a lot of that, just that the game developers have to integrate it. They also need to improve the speed.

I advice others to read the thread about what ppl have experienced with both systems. Seems psn and xbl are equal for most. Maybe you guys are talking about pre firmware updates?
    Last edited by semitop; Aug 24, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I am free to say what I want which is why it is called MY opinion likewise u are free to say what u want. Again PSN should not be compared to XBL.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5