View Poll Results: What's your say on this...

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you think a LAN Party should be kept?

Default Re:How often do you think a LAN Party should be kept?

I must agree with Matronyx, having a tournament too frequently would make the rewards less appealing. And comuting between is a problematic factor.

AS I see it I think we should try to setup a network whitch does't require accessing the internet. (such as a server that I would call into to play)

In this way we would be able to enco-operate what Yogi suggested which is a form of elimination. not only that but countless amuonts of practice and as another Tech Jamaican suggested have a competition against T & T. ;D 8)

Our Options as I see it.

1. Create a network that doesn't require internet to play.

2. Tweak our game options so that the game speed will not be affected over a 56 Kb conection.

3. One player from each region gets DSL connection and Players meet at there place when games are to be held.

Seek out internet cafe's within your region who have DSL and enquire if they would be interested in allowing game Play over there network at a reduced price.

Please feel free to make suggestions that may help in improving our current issue.

Next LAN party: Kingson

Next LAN party: Kingston

Is there no hear for us montegonians?

Lets say we do come ... do we leave at 12?

If not, where shall we stay?

ahhhh bwoy

[quote author=CKnight link=board=11;threadid=843;start=0#msg7529 date=1054853403]
    Next LAN party: Kingson
    [/quote]

Are you suggesting we leave from 5 in the morning to arrive at a good time??
    What time would we leave kingston? It would have to be 8 pm the latest. It could work, but....

lets stick to the neutral grounds for a while eh.... St. Anns Bay.

In order for things to run smoothly next time we need to have better arrangment:

• have adequate power plug spacing for easy setup
    • enough cabling and proper layout for quick setup
    • switches for fast gameplay
    • proper cooling
    • no external light (sunlight causes glare)
    • adequate spacing for when we arrive with out huge cases and monitors

yow... from what I gather LAN parties in the US usually take place in a kind of HQ that will allow for gamers to sleep over... the really big ones have deals with near-by hotels... we'd have to work something out, cuz we kingstonians face the same prob as the montegonians

Usually a large room and in some cases and auditorium of some kind with lots of flat space and they setup cabling, servers, registration, tables and everything else weeks in advance.

[quote author=devnull link=board=11;threadid=843;start=15#msg7619 date=1054933436]
    Usually a large room and in some cases and auditorium of some kind with lots of flat space and they setup cabling, servers, registration, tables and everything else weeks in advance.
    [/quote]

They also set up the prizes. Like cars with neat paint jobs, machines, video cards....u know, to make them wanna sleep over. ;D

[quote author=GodKid link=board=11;threadid=843;start=15#msg7618 date=1054932436]
    yow... from what I gather LAN parties in the US usually take place in a kind of HQ that will allow for gamers to sleep over... the really big ones have deals with near-by hotels... we'd have to work something out, cuz we kingstonians face the same prob as the montegonians

[/quote]

For Future tournaments prices could be negotiated with the Villas within the area, i.e. if players are interested.

Villas, hhmm. That is a good idea linval.

As the time approaches, gather some more information and let us know what the deal is.