View Poll Results: What's your say on this...

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you think a LAN Party should be kept?

Default How often do you think a LAN Party should be kept?

Tell me what u think, as I'm ready for some more but kicking action as soon as u are...

Default Re:How often do you think a LAN Party should be kept?

Every 4 months in my opinion.

i didn't see my real option... at least once per month... so i chose at least once every 2

Once the G.A.J. is up and running properly there'll be more more MORE!!!!

Every 4 months is good and it could be structured as an elimination tournament so the last 1 for the year is the championship finals

Good idea yogi, I like it...

The more often we have a specific tournament, the least appealing it would be to me.
    While, if you have a tournament say, once a year to decide the best of the best, you build up anticipation. The guy who carries home the trophy would feel like he won something big.

Twice a year is great. Or if we can come up with a structured elimination thing as was suggested by yogi, that may work. I am just thinking that it wouldnt be everytime people from far out can make those pre-championship events. Work, families, other thing could prevent them from being at these events that often in a year. This may limit the amount that tunr out for the big bang.

i think we should have ongoing little parties.. culminating in a big event.. that way you get a bragging rights type o situation throughout the year.. and the man at the top of the rung get gunned for during the final round... it may also allow for some other intricacies....

the alternative i see is to have a couple servers running and game online and have stats and that kind o thing.. to kind o set the stage for the finals...

das me

Every 4 month is my pick.

We can have LAN parties dedicated to certain games. So we can have a Quake/UT/Counter Strike only, and RA2/Generals/Tiberian Sun only etc. In this case there will be trophies for second place and other matches. Both are elimination mathces...

I agree. We should have Quake2 one day Red Alert on another. Or probably do it based on the game type. Shoot up shoot up (Quake) one day stratergy (AOE) on another.

I like the One Event Lan Party thingy.... sounds a lil bit of what happened in St. Anns Bay.

If we can do this successfuly, then we might think about extending the lan parties to two diff types of games.