Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Salary Scale.

Default Re: Government Salary Scale.

Thanks for the info.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cue
    I want an MoF job to, so Rodalembs, if you can get me in pls let me know...
    not me Cue...Xeno is then man wid the Govt contacts
    Heroes to Mentors -

interesting xeno, government hire students in summer? by summer i will have finiched my ccna, ive already done a+, server+ and network+, plus i doing my bsc.

Most Definitely!

Checkout specifically Commerce & Technology, OPM, MOF, or OSC (Office of the Services Commission). In fact, that's a very good opportunity to get yourself noticed (truth be told, that's how a number of techies in there got started). Every summer, a truckload of students come in for summer jobs (from high school to university level) but only a handful follow through. Although I would assume the majority get summer jobs because of friendships or familial acquaintances, it shouldn't be too difficult for you who got skillz - cuz lord knows half of those students are only good for sticking into a filing room. Target MOF or MCT if you want your skillz utilized (and to avoid sheer boredom). The others may just waste your time pushing paper. System Administrators wouldn't mind getting the extra help over the summer. MOF has a massive network, and there can't be enough hands to dish out the work to. If you're Linux savvy, it's the first place you should target. They're very Open Source minded (no pun intended ).

I have been trying for the longest while to get a job at MOF. Anybody here can help a sista out. I am currently a programmer.

How has the Memorandum of Understanding for public sector workers affected the hiring for IT positions?

Seems like i need to pay for my exams, and try get in b4 summer. Don't forget to buy u lotto tickets (70 million)

God Bless and curse the anonymity of Discussion forums, cause the way Xeno talk bout govt 'runnings' its quite likely that he and i have crossed paths!

In anycase BCK, the answer to your ques. is yes. the MOU has somewhat curbed the influx of IT staff into the govt, but it hasnt completely stopped it. As there have been occasions where a specific need must be filled in the event where key personnel leaves/resigns, or goes on study leave etc. But i do notice that since the MOU came into place, IT depts have been running on a skeleton crew (so to speak)
    Contrary...Very Contrary!

ok,

Xeno, i just saw your post about the IT classes, and you are quite wrong!

Misconception 1: You do not automatically get an IT 5 when you have achieved B.Sc status

Misconception 2: That range provided for IT/1 -4 bottoms out way lower than 700k p.a. In fact you looking at almost half of that for IT/1...and i'm doubtful about IT 4s gettin over a mill...

Generally, your degree status does not determine where you are classified in the govt...in other words, just because someone has a degree and cert, does not mean they automatically get an IT/6...TRUST ME!

a post has a predetermined classification based on the job roles you've aluded to...not the qualification of the applicant
    Contrary...Very Contrary!

ok well when i finish my ccna i will send in my resume'. thanks xeno!