Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Salary Scale.

Default Government Salary Scale.

does anyome know the govt salray scale structure @ MIS/IT 6 what will the full package be including allowances.

Are there any travelling allowance involved at this level.

Is duty concession involved....

Those in the know please inform...
    Heroes to Mentors -

Default Re: Government Salary Scale.

MIS/IT 6 - Breaks down something like this:

- 1.3 Million/Year (call it 75,000 / month after taxes)
    - Travelling Allowances depends on organisation - amounts to extra 20,000+ per month
    - Travelling allowances may depend on the car you drive and the mileage
    - 20% Duty concession on motor vehicles only, (only if you qualify for travelling)
    - 0% Interest Gov't Loan for motor vehicle (only if you qualify for travelling)
    - Blue Cross Health Ins.
    - NHT
    - Uniform Allowances
    - Motor Vehicle upkeep (if you qualify for travelling - depends on organisation)
    - 2 Years full pay study leave for any degree after 3 yrs service, 1 extra yr @ ½ pay

As you may discern, you earn a crapload more if you drive your own motor vehicle. Best if it's a vehicle manufactured in the last 5 years prior to employment. Note that you don't HAVE to qualify for travelling if you got your own wheels. That depends on organizational needs. You have better chances with Min of Finance (very IT friendly organisation). All their IT people automatically get travelling - wheels or no wheels. Those with wheels naturally rack in more dough - and believe me, there are other perks that I can't list here that are well worth your trouble.

What do you mean by MIS/IT 6?
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

(MIS/IT 6 )Mangement information system/information technology thats what they call the post in the "IT" department. the salary scale starts at 1-6 or 7 i think and each has several levels.
    whats the qualification one need to get and mis/it 6 post??

Im ashamed to tell which level im at. One day ill be there and pass that still.
    John 3:16

IT 6 is usually a managerial post (and sometimes database/systems analysts get them too)...

Requirements depend on the position being sought!
    Contrary...Very Contrary!

I want an MoF job to, so Rodalembs, if you can get me in pls let me know...
    Contrary...Very Contrary!

so what does an IT/2 or 3 or 4 get? And what are the qualifications? Is there a website with these details. If not you could post the info at http://fiwi.alteroo.org
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

MIS/IT 6 - Breaks down something like this:

- 1.3 Million/Year (call it 75,000 / month after taxes)
    - Travelling Allowances depends on organisation - amounts to extra 20,000+ per month
    - Travelling allowances may depend on the car you drive and the mileage
    - 20% Duty concession on motor vehicles only, (only if you qualify for travelling)
    - 0% Interest Gov't Loan for motor vehicle (only if you qualify for travelling)
    - Blue Cross Health Ins.
    - NHT
    - Uniform Allowances
    - Motor Vehicle upkeep (if you qualify for travelling - depends on organisation)
    - 2 Years full pay study leave for any degree after 3 yrs service, 1 extra yr @ ½ pay
    Are these things a must or do some companies decide to give you these things. Xeno where did you get this information. Is this public knowledge??

How does this compare with a similar position in a private sector organization?
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

pigeonflight

IT/1 - 4 get in the range from 700k - 1.1mil (I need to verify the IT/1 - I think it's higher). To get into IT/1 - 3, you need to have something like a Diploma, Associate's Degree or some professional certification (MCP, MCIT, CISSP etc.). If you have MCSE, MCSA, MCSD or CISCO certs, you'll get into IT/4 - 5 fairly easily. If you have a degree, you automatically start at IT/5. If you have both a degree and cert, you start at IT/6. But in most cases, you either have to work your way up from IT/4 or 5 to 6, get transferred into a IT/6, get promoted, or have a Master's Degree (or equivalent skillset) to get into a IT/6. As Cue said earlier, IT/6 is Software Engineer level. (IT/3-4 is technician/programmer/assistant network administrator). Only Software Engineers or Senior Network Administrators move from IT/5 to IT/6. The scale tops out at IT/8, where the salary scale is in the 2.4 - 2.7 million/year range (or thereabout). IT/8 is reserved for section or department managers. Lots of UWI folks in these positions.

Virus

Let's just say that I, err... am very intimately acquainted with... err... people in the position.

nder

I've heard some places paying 1.2 as starting w/degree - but in those cases, you have to be certified like a neuro-surgeon (or likewise skilled) to score that kind of money. I don't know what the specifics are since Private Sector companies have different benefit plans etc.

However, Priv. Sector companies won't finance your degree (if you don't already have one) and pay you while they send you off to study. Gov't will bond you for the number of years equivalent to what you were paid while you are on study leave. I don't know how any Private Sector company can beat that when it comes to job security.

Furthermore... which Private Sector company would finance your Master's Degree (via Scholarship) to a foreign country? If you ask me my friend, I don't think there's a need for comparison.
    Last edited by Xenocrates; Jan 11, 2005 at 05:18 PM.