Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry Storm 9530 and Digicel's BB service

Ok I called back Digicel and spoke to a CSR there and told him the model of the phone and he went and checked with their techs and told me to take out the battery again and amazingly it worked. I didn't change the firmware or anything. Going to check and see if I still have a problem with the desktop manager though.

As i told yall back in the days the 9530 is the one with the problem because of the cdma band, it keep jumping networks and digicel dont support cdma.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Just an update. Have had the service for almost a week now and no problems apart from EDGE being a bit on the slow side. I did once have to do a soft reset of the phone when I saw edge in common letters but haven't done a battery pull yet. *knocks on wood*

One question though, I'm running the .75 firmware and have been told its old. Is there a better OS to have running on Digi? I have looked in some threads where people have said to look at their sig to see which firmware they're using, but you all seem to switch phones like CWJ switch names, so your sigs are of no help since they've been updated.

so my question is....which is the best firmware to run on Digi's network or should I follow the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?

Quote Originally Posted by ObeahMan View Post
    Just an update. Have had the service for almost a week now and no problems apart from EDGE being a bit on the slow side. I did once have to do a soft reset of the phone when I saw edge in common letters but haven't done a battery pull yet. *knocks on wood*

One question though, I'm running the .75 firmware and have been told its old. Is there a better OS to have running on Digi? I have looked in some threads where people have said to look at their sig to see which firmware they're using, but you all seem to switch phones like CWJ switch names, so your sigs are of no help since they've been updated.

so my question is....which is the best firmware to run on Digi's network or should I follow the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?
    Ha ha I would recommend an upgrade for real but then again I wonder if the upgrade would undo any of the changes implemented through Digicel's network Anyways if you are BRAVE ENOUGH then here is the link with the most current OS build for the Storm 9530 http://blackberryrocks.com/2009/05/2...ry-storm-9530/

Post your results.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I downloaded the 4.7.0.148 but I can't find a working link to 4.7.0.75 to load back in case of any problems. Anyone have a working link to it?

I downloaded the 4.7.0.148 but I can't find a working link to 4.7.0.75 to load back in case of any problems. Anyone have a working link to it?
    Here is the link you requested for the Storm 9530 OS build 4.7.0.75 http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/os-...5-leak-105593/

Post your results
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Thanks much for the link barrettrs. I'm gonna tackle the whole upgrading thing later on tonight and will post how it goes.

Alright, my results are..............not good.

Put it on last night and the first thing I noticed was that it kept switching from Edge to edge about every 30 seconds and this was constantly happening. I tried resending my service books but that made no difference. Next thing I did was sent an email to my blackberry address and copied it to another email account I put on the phone and the message only came to my blackberry email addy.

I also went into the "Mobile Network Options" and changed them back to what was on my phone before hoping that would make a difference but decided to call it a night after that. This morning EDGE is on the phone most of the time but it still switches back to edge occasionally. The browser won't work and Google Maps is stuck at trying to get my the license agreement.

I don't know if there is anything else for me to try to get it working (is it worth a call to Digi to tell them I updated my OS so they can possibly make some changes at their end?) but as it stands, unless I did something wrong or didn't do something, then the 4.7.0.148 is a bust on Digicel.

ps. I followed the instructions here http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...res-video.html to upgrade my OS.
    Last edited by ObeahMan; Aug 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Alright, my results are..............not good.

Put it on last night and the first thing I noticed was that it kept switching from Edge to edge about every 30 seconds and this was constantly happening. I tried resending my service books but that made no difference. Next thing I did was sent an email to my blackberry address and copied it to another email account I put on the phone and the message only came to my blackberry email addy.

I also went into the "Mobile Network Options" and changed them back to what was on my phone before hoping that would make a difference but decided to call it a night after that. This morning EDGE is on the phone most of the time but it still switches back to edge occasionally. The browser won't work and Google Maps is stuck at trying to get my the license agreement.

I don't know if there is anything else for me to try to get it working (is it worth a call to Digi to tell them I updated my OS so they can possibly make some changes at their end?) but as it stands, unless I did something wrong or didn't do something, then the 4.7.0.148 is a bust on Digicel.

ps. I followed the instructions here http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...res-video.html to upgrade my OS.
    I am really sorry to hear about all the problems that you encountered after you installed the new OS update....Honestly I would recommend a downgrade back to the previous functional OS till at least we get a more Stable Official OS to load on your Storm.

About calling Digicel I doubt that would solve any of the problems as OS issues are relegated to your model number or possible installation issues of which neither yourself or Digicel would have any control over.....Dude for what it is worth do a downgrade PRONTO until we get an Official release for your phone or at least a version that works on Digi's network
    Last edited by barrettrs; Aug 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    I am really sorry to hear about all the problems that you encountered after you installed the new OS update....Honestly I would recommend a downgrade back to the previous functional OS till at least we get a more Stable Official OS to load on your Storm.

About calling Digicel I doubt that would solve any of the problems as OS issues are relegated to your model number or possible installation issues of which neither yourself or Digicel would have any control over.....Dude for what it is worth do a downgrade PRONTO until we get an Official release for your phone or at least a version that works on Digi's network
    Good news. I found a hybrid OS based on 4.7.0.151 that works. It seems faster and haven't had any issues with any programs so far. I'm gonna watch it for a few more days to make sure its rock solid stable but it's looking really good so far.