Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rage PS3 Scans Available in Game Informer Magazine

Default Carmack says market is going consoles

Carmack says market is going consoles

Not directly related but not gonna start a new thread or look for a long gone one

Rage is designed to be played on console

Software design guru John Carmack has said that the company’s latest title called Rage is designed from the ground up to be played on console systems because that is where the market is going.

Carmack is considered by many to be the greatest graphics engine designer of all time and because the majority of his past work was on the PC platform, the news is likely to strike a chord with dedicated PC gamers. Carmack also recently said in an interview published in Game Informer magazine that Rage on the PC will offer higher resolutions and superior anti-aliasing, but it would be “Cut” and arrive on two discs.

The decision to have to cut the game into two DVDs has to be this way, according to reports, because of the two large wastelands that are designed in such a way that an arbitrary cut isn’t really possible without taking away from the game itself.

Carmack does not declare the death of PC gaming, but suggests that while Rage can be played with a mouse, you will want to play it with a controller, because that is how the game is designed. Recent screen shots and information has people starting to talk about Rage, and it would appear that it is indeed something very different from id Software. We expect to hear more about Rage at Quakecon later this year, including a possible release time frame, according to sources.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

where do you guys find these stupid articles? PCs can play EVERY GAME. PCs have had controllers since the 90s. Carmack is building the dam game on a PC. You can't develop games on a console because it has no KEYBOARD to type with. All this means is that the consoles will get it first. Are you all just posting random links to crap?

He has a point and i dont think you are getting it. The control setup and feel of the game can be tailored to consoles and the main controls for a pc are keyboard and mouse. KnM are pretty much associated with PC gaming and most ppl dont have a controller to get the console feel.

I have a usb keyboard connected to my ps3 right now...
    All rights reserved.

this thread FAILS!!!! LOL

"The PS3 lags a little bit behind in terms of getting the performance out of it," John Carmack told Edge. "The rasteriser is just a little bit slower - no two ways about that.

"The RSX is slower than what we have in the 360. The CPU is about the same, but the 360 makes it easier to split things off, and that's what a lot of the work has been, splitting it all into jobs on the PS3," he said.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You really should read that carefully. Also the entire quote would help, need to take everything in context.

The first quote says they are lagging behind optimizing for the ps3

the second says they have spent most of their time optimizing for the SPEs. The RSX is slower etc indicates they are just used to programming for PCs (the typical GPU and CPU relationship)

The end result seems to be they have so far not quite got it. Do you know if the rasterizer being slower is due to their algorithms or due to the ps3?

Why isnt this in the ps3 failcake thread yet? Mind you get fat from it
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    You really should read that carefully. Also the entire quote would help, need to take everything in context.

The first quote says they are lagging behind optimizing for the ps3

the second says they have spent most of their time optimizing for the SPEs. The RSX is slower etc indicates they are just used to programming for PCs (the typical GPU and CPU relationship)

The end result seems to be they have so far not quite got it. Do you know if the rasterizer being slower is due to their algorithms or due to the ps3?

Why isnt this in the ps3 failcake thread yet? Mind you get fat from it
    already in and posted by a different member of techja. that fail cake can feed humanity
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

pezz must have had some orgasm to that news this morning
    control yourself young man

PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

^ Just another shooter, in the desert, shoot, shoot, repeat fetch quests