Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rage PS3 Scans Available in Game Informer Magazine

Default New Rage PS3 Scans Available in Game Informer Magazine

New Rage PS3 Scans Available in Game Informer Magazine

Today some scans of the latest Game Informer Magazine have hit the Internet, and they cover id Software and EA's upcoming PS3 title Rage.

Rage is a first-person shooter and racing video game in development by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine.

Reports currently indicate that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of movies such as Mad Max 2.

Rage is also slated for a 2010 release on Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Xbox 360 along with the PlayStation 3 console.

A few scans are below, with the rest linked above courtesy of KareBear from 3DRealms. Cheers!

Game is looking good. Read the text in the pics... looks like the PC and 360 versions are gonna be multiDisc and on the 360 there will be compromises since they can break the game to fit more discs.
    Last edited by semitop; Jul 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

lol i told u the xbox is using old technology good luck 360 fanboy wen the screen say disc 2, disc 3, disc 4 lol

lol 360 gonna hav to take a backseat
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

Seems like these companies are taking longer and longer to make bigger and bigger games that take 10 hours to finish. Imagine spending 3-4 years making a game that the average gamer can finish in 10 hours. And developers complain about used game sales because really the most games are just movies with buttons. Chances are this game will get canceled before it comes out or will be a flop 2 weeks in.

Well Owen it has been like that for a while now even back to the PS2 and Xbox titles I finish the games in like 8-10 hours and all now I still can't complete some of the NES, SNES, Sega Gen titles so what does that tell you about the New Gen.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

10 hrs is good time with some replayability and multiplayer. Rage might be a 10hr game if you look at it on surface, but how much additional content will be in it and how many times will you want to play it over is the point.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

if the game is a good game like for instance uncharted i don't mind the 10 hours game play b/c after i finish it its a great game and u are going to want to play it over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Seems like these companies are taking longer and longer to make bigger and bigger games that take 10 hours to finish. Imagine spending 3-4 years making a game that the average gamer can finish in 10 hours. And developers complain about used game sales because really the most games are just movies with buttons. Chances are this game will get canceled before it comes out or will be a flop 2 weeks in.
    its more about the experience than the time it took to complete for most gamers. If you want a game to last longer than it took to develop play an RPG or some sports or online game or the like with very high replayability.

Experience and time it takes to complete is the same thing. If you are playing the same stage over and over again - then You can masterbate all you want - its still a 10 hr game. The extra time you spend is really up to the individual and doesn't really matter in overall sales of the game (unless you like it so much that you buy 2 copies).

While its true that you can play games online. Playing a game online is basically playing the same stage OVER AND OVER AGAIN with different people. Some people like this but it is still be a 10hr game + 5 minutes online play.

So completion time is the only real way to consistently determine how much content is in a game. The experience you get from a FPS game that takes 10 hrs to beat, is simply 10hrs. No amount of replaying is going to make the game any better unless they add new maps, features or stages. This is the reason people buy new games because they get tired of the same thing.

Of course on a side note you have people that have never really finished or get any better at a game in their entire lives. These people are casual gamers. For them you might as well be talking about the experience of checkers and monopoly. I am not talking refering to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Experience and time it takes to complete is the same thing. If you are playing the same stage over and over again - then You can masterbate all you want - its still a 10 hr game. The extra time you spend is really up to the individual and doesn't really matter in overall sales of the game (unless you like it so much that you buy 2 copies).

While its true that you can play games online. Playing a game online is basically playing the same stage OVER AND OVER AGAIN with different people. Some people like this but it is still be a 10hr game + 5 minutes online play.

So completion time is the only real way to consistently determine how much content is in a game. The experience you get from a FPS game that takes 10 hrs to beat, is simply 10hrs. No amount of replaying is going to make the game any better unless they add new maps, features or stages. This is the reason people buy new games because they get tired of the same thing.

Of course on a side note you have people that have never really finished or get any better at a game in their entire lives. These people are casual gamers. For them you might as well be talking about the experience of checkers and monopoly. I am not talking refering to those people.
    ok owen just to let u know everybody is different i ave a friend that watch troy the movie over 200 times and still going and when i play cod4 online he says every time him come ya a the 1 game mi play and when i ask him y him love watch troy so much him seh that different