Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why should I use PHP

ok i think i get it, maybe.
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Another great thing with PHP is that the manual http://php.net/manual/en/index.php is very helpful making it easy to grasp, the language is pretty straight forward, and it's easy to get started with just a basic text editor, and most if not all of the tools you need are FREE. You should at least try it out, before saying anything disrespectful.

Default Php all the way. No turning back...

I have been using php since 07 and i just love it. i have worked on other projects with my friends using asp.net and it was hell. yes u should be able to run asp.net on linux which i tried doing, but didnt get far. when it comes to mobility, asp sucks at that. i remember copying a db from my friends machine to mine and i could not figure out the problem, found out i had to re create an existing user for the db in .net. with php, i generate the code for a table or the entire db and restore and voila, im good. there was also a bunch of problems to upload the .net db. i think that php is way more flexible.

im a linux fan, dont use anything windows and i have no regrets.

php has a bunch of built in functions that im sure you would have to write in .net.

learn php